Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSOD on Laptop after installing SPSS? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I bought a new laptop on Thursday for university and I installed SPSS on it this morning so that I could do my project on here instead of using the university computers and I've had 5 BSODs since.

I've since uninstalled SPSS and it seems to be working fine now, but obviously I need it on my laptop to be able to do it outside of Uni... Would anybody be able to help me out? Here's a report of one of the minidumps in BlueScreenViewer.

Is it just a case of updating the driver?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I havent used the service myself though this page may be of use to you. Similar issue with the same program. It's something to do with memory which is usually the sore cause of BSOD incidents. Have you tried to replicate the issue. Which version of Windows are you using? And also as a general tip, make sure all device drivers on your system are up to date so hardware incompatability can be ruled out

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...tallation.html

ReputationRep:
    The dump files are important, if you can upload them to a file sharing site and share them here, I should be able to find the root cause.

Go to

Code:
    C:\Windows\minidump
    Upload all those files by copying (Make sure you copy the files otherwise you will get access denied, even if you're an administrator) them to the desktop and compressing them in a single .zip folder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjsmith94)
    Hey all, I bought a new laptop on Thursday for university and I installed SPSS on it this morning so that I could do my project on here instead of using the university computers and I've had 5 BSODs since.

I've since uninstalled SPSS and it seems to be working fine now, but obviously I need it on my laptop to be able to do it outside of Uni... Would anybody be able to help me out? Here's a report of one of the minidumps in BlueScreenViewer.

Is it just a case of updating the driver?
    Appears to be a driver error issue...........check Windows for the latest updates and install them to the laptop.
    Then install laptop specific drivers, to get the latest ones, go to the manufacturers website, make an account, register your device via serial number usually and check the download section for the latest drivers and install.

ReputationRep:
    The BSOD was caused by accessing pageable memory at an IRQL of 2, the Intel Wireless WiFi Link Adapter caused the illegal instruction.
    I suggest updating that driver (if you haven't done already).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.