The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Just a quick question regarding actual findings.
Say we had to use Bowlby's 44 Thieves in an answer, would we have to know all the specific findings or could we only reference few? I'm struggling to learn all of the specific findings in order and in the correct categories
Original post by K3lvin
But someone said you have to talk about the 8 episodes in detail which i didnt is this true to get full marks

My teacher set us a 12 mark question on this, and I mine was very similar to the one the other person put forward and I got 6/6 for A01. I did put slightly more detail, but the extra detail I had was kind of unnecessary. Putting descriptions of all 8 episodes and then the rest of the study as well as an AO2 evaluation would take you well over 15 minutes. It would be very cruel for AQA to expect you to outline the study including all 8 episodes.
All I put was '....8 episodes which were developed to trigger certain behavioural categories, allowing them to identify the attachment type of the infant. Some episodes included separation from the primary care giver, reunion with the caregiver or the presence of a stranger (etc)'
Am i right in thinking that as long as the study is identifiable then you don't have to include the name and you won't lose marks? Obviously it is better to remember the researcher and year, especially for the main studies though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by talpenny
Am i right in thinking that as long as the study is identifiable then you don't have to include the name and you won't lose marks? Obviously it is better to remember the researcher and year, especially for the main studies though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you're right with that, as long as the examiner recognises it and it isn't made up then you're fine
difference between critical and sensitive period in Bowlbys theory?? THANKS
Original post by Montypower
Weakness: Central Executive is simplistic and vague. The model itself doesn't really explain what the central executive is, apart from being involved in attention.
Strength: Shallice and Warrington support WWM due to KF's study of a brain damaged patient impaired STM, his problem was that immediate recall of words was presented verbally but not visually. This suggests that he had an impaired articulatory loop and this is evidence supporting WMM.

If anyone has anymore, please feel free to add some.

One strength of the model is it sees rehearsal as an option process which is more realistic than MSM especially since we don't rehearse everything we remember. The model is also able to better explain how we can successfully so 2 separate take are the same time when they involve different stores but why we struggle when we do tasks involving the same stores.
Reading this makes me nervous. I started my revision today...
Original post by chloenew23

I'm struggling on this too! Basically evolutionary theorists propose there is a sensitive period where attachment can form with Bowlby proposing this occurs the 3-4 month mark and with attachment more difficult in the months that follow
Original post by hpiercey3
Quick question, for Anxiety im a bit concerned about lack of A01 content - i have Deffenbacher and the Yerkes-Dodson curve, then loftus 1987 with the weapon focus?

Is there any other big studies i shouls be using? Thanks in advance:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i used Johnson & Scott as my main study and i think i could get 6 marks for A01 just using their study on weapon focus effect
There's no difference - it's just two terms that describe the same thing... Just explains the time frame that the child should be exposed to the mother :smile: (I'm ****ting myself for tomorrow)
Original post by Scott.lawton
Reading this makes me nervous. I started my revision today...

Arghh so did I, not too sure i can pull it off now after reading all these comments haha
How has research into day care influenced childcare practise (12 marks)

What am I suppose to use for A02? Case studies?
Original post by saraahaley

What AO1 would you be using for this question if it came up??
Original post by saraahaley

yes, as a01, explain the change, and then for a02, say this change was as a result of....

For example,
For the Change in care of children in hospitals (improved opening hours)

for a02

this change was as a result of R&R research into Kate who had less long term effects due to being able to visit her mum in hospital.

however, i dont think this could really come up as 12 marker as lack of material, i will be screwed id it does!!

good luck xxxx
[QUOTE="chloenew23;55628659"]i used Johnson & Scott as my main study and i think i could get 6 marks for A01 just using their study on weapon focus effect[/QUOTEp
] for this anxiety I used Clifford and Scott, loftus and palmer and yullie and cutshall
Original post by JaivfromONM
What AO1 would you be using for this question if it came up??

I would say that reasearch into daycare has suggested that a child needs to have a keyworker. Studies have shown that children who receive foster care do better than those placed in institutional settings and that research led to major changes in hospitals

There are subtle differences between them.
Critical period = a set period of time between 0-30mths where a child HAS to form attachments or it will probably never form attachments.
Sensitive period = unlike the critical period, the sensitive period has no set time frame, but is when a child is more sensitive to attachment formation.

"Theorists who believe in critical periods believe that children who do not get special stimulation during their window of receptivity are going to be "stuck" forever and never gain the abilities they should have gained in that period. However, other theorists believe that those very sensitive times in a child's life are just sensitive periods. They agree that children who do not get the right nurturing at the right times to jumpstart their developmental potential are going to have problems later in life, but they do not think that this inability to develop is permanent." (http://www.sevencounties.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=7923&cn=28)

Confusing I know... but I really don't think you'll lose marks if you use them interchangeably in the exam (that's what I'm probably doing).
yes, as a01, explain the change, and then for a02, say this change was as a result of....

For example,
For the Change in care of children in hospitals (improved opening hours)

for a02

this change was as a result of R&R research into Kate who had less long term effects due to being able to visit her mum in hospital.

however, i dont think this could really come up as 12 marker as lack of material, i will be screwed id it does!!

good luck xxxx

Ok thanks... Same, hoping the strage situation comes up instead :biggrin:
Good luck xxx
Best way to revise tonight and tomorrow morning?!

im feeling okay about the exam, i just want to finish off my revision with something productive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending