The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloenew23
phewwww, had me worried!

also for the 2 marker asking to explain a secure attachment
i explained the characteristics of a securely attached child... but i dont think thats what it was asking was it..? :frown:

same i said the mother will be very responsive to the childs needs, the child will have high joy on reunion, etc ect
Q1 was D - A Right?

For the strength of the strange situation I said: High repeatability?

Does Bowlby's study lack population validity? I recall reading that he mainly accounts for mothers for being the primary caregiver.

Does Lorenz Support the view of Innate and Criticial Period?
Quite happy seeing how all that came up, is all I revised
Original post by chloenew23
phewwww, had me worried!

also for the 2 marker asking to explain a secure attachment
i explained the characteristics of a securely attached child... but i dont think thats what it was asking was it..? :frown:

I'd imagine you had to refer to their relationship with their caregiver e.g. refers to those who have harmonious and cooperative interactions with their caregiver. Not sure about characteristics though, sorry :frown:
For random sampling; I said assign each child a number, put 'em into a random number generator and select 10.

Advantage of random sampling over volunteer; more likely to be representative of the target population? Volunteer sampling often leads to sample bias and thus, reduced population validity.

Ethics question I managed to get all 5 in, bullet pointed though as I was really pushed for time (spent ages on the first few questions due to the massive amounts of space?!)

Pilot study; check methodological issues, check the nature/number of words were sufficient enough to draw conclusions from, check that the 'learning' time was sufficient, ask participants about experience, ask if they felt they knew exactly what was expected of them etc.

Avoidant/Resistant question was easy enough?!

van Iz/K was the only study I used for cultural variation. Again, ran out of time, but put a load of detail in there.

Strength of SS - highly standardised procedure, so replicable?

Would be happy to discuss ANY questions anyone has :smile:
Does anyone have the paper? I know some students get given it by their teachers. If so, can you please post pictures?:biggrin:
Original post by billymccreith
For random sampling; I said assign each child a number, put 'em into a random number generator and select 10.

Advantage of random sampling over volunteer; more likely to be representative of the target population? Volunteer sampling often leads to sample bias and thus, reduced population validity.

Ethics question I managed to get all 5 in, bullet pointed though as I was really pushed for time (spent ages on the first few questions due to the massive amounts of space?!)

Pilot study; check methodological issues, check the nature/number of words were sufficient enough to draw conclusions from, check that the 'learning' time was sufficient, ask participants about experience, ask if they felt they knew exactly what was expected of them etc.

van Iz/K was the only study I used for cultural variation. Again, ran out of time, but put a load of detail in there.

For the mother demand characteristics in SS question would saying her interacting with the child more than she normally would in order to look good get me the 2 marks?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
What did anyone write for the pilot study question?

I put: to check if the participants are given enough time to learn the words, to check if the chosen memory improvement strategy is appropriate, to check if the words are appropriate or something like that. I couldn't think of anything else. And I swear that almost the same question came up in 2013 if I'm not wrong but it was about learning 20 words?
Anddd one of My evaluation points for Bowlbys theory was that it's gender biased, as it makes fathers seem less important than mothers and how this theory is championed by people who think that "women belong home and men at work" and that this is a very sensitive topic and one perhaps that's been outdated.
Also, I said how it's simple because it doesn't explain multiple attachments but one as rutter suggested that we have multiple attachment for different figures.
(edited 8 years ago)
What was the 12 marker guys? I didn't take the exam but it'll be great to know!
Original post by QueenSI
For the mother demand characteristics in SS question would saying her interacting with the child more than she normally would in order to look good get me the 2 marks?

I would imagine so! She is changing her behaviour to present herself in a positive light. This is known as social desirability
I thought it was a good paper but think I made a few mistakes, does anyone think it matters that for the EWT I said it was Loftus and Palmer instead of Loftus and Burns (even though I wrote about Loftus and Burns) and also for the memory improvement strategy I wrote keyword instead of pegword, do you guys think this would've cost me marks?

Great 12 marker though, AO1 - innate, monotropy, sensitive period, internal working model, continuity hypothesis, AO2 - Tronnick, Hazer & Shaver, Schaffer and Emerson and Zimmerman.

9d I didn't like - only propert wrote about protection and probably dropped a couple of marks there. But overall, it couldn't have gone much better.
Did anyone else feel the [paper seemed a lot longer or was it just me
I normally finish early but I didn't finish my 12 marker this time :frown:
Reply 1353
okay so guys for the 12 mark essay on bowlby’s theory i did an outline of the theory with explanations of what critical period, adaptive, social releasers, internal working model and monotropy were, and then used the hazer and shaver love quiz study to support it, and then evaluated the study with 2 positives and two negatives, and then compared bowlby’s theory with the social learning theory a little bit at the end. do you think that’s okay?
(edited 8 years ago)
https://twitter.com/search?q=psychology%20exam&src=tyah i think everyone liked that paper... Not just TSR... lol, so the grade boundaries will be like, as i like to say, maths grade boundaries.... high!

would a limitation of the anxiety on ewt be exposed to stressful situations such as the presence of a weapon so the protection of participant(ethical issue) would need to be considered. Would this get me 2/2
I would imagine so! She is changing her behaviour to present herself in a positive light. This is known as social desirability

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may have needed to say how the demand characteristics arise in this situation. Potentially something along the lines of the mother either knowing or guessing the aim of the study due to informed consent.

Obviously I don't know the mark schemes so don't necessarily trust my word!
Just seeing if this works before I post something lol
Original post by AyshaU
Did anyone else feel the [paper seemed a lot longer or was it just me
I normally finish early but I didn't finish my 12 marker this time :frown:

Same! Normally I finish 20mins early but today I finished 2mins before :/ no time to look over stuff! :frown:
Original post by Velocity_
I used notepad and she said i did 3 pages. it was double sided and i filled 3 sides. Could i ask her tomorrow when im giving her the geography answers on the laptop also? or would it be too late?

I think you would be alright if you go in and ask after the Geography exam. Maybe the font came out a little smaller than you expected. I know that I used size 12 and double spaced each line, as well as each paragraph, and came out with just over 5 pages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending