The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiranjott
For the two marker on why the strange situation is effective I said that there's high interrater reliability as ainsworths findings were supported by Takahasis too? Can anyone tell me if this is right?!!
All I put was about internal validity being high because it's a controlled observation etc:/
I always try to make 6 solid well explained detailed AO2 just to be safe
Original post by Eleanor303
Nope don't worry about it, the other mark schemes state that a detailed and accurate diagram can be a perfectly acceptable answer and gain full marks.

Hey, thank you very much thats calmed me a lot , I have seen the mark schemes but there is no definition for a "good" diagram worthy of 6 marks.

I've attached what I've likely wrote for the MSM, anyone help see what mark I would achieve? That is, if you can read it! :biggrin:

Reply 1463
For rhe first question what were d and a
Original post by k.bryan4
surely random is as simple as putting the children's names into the hats and picking them out?

yes i think that is right, however i was asking if my answer of using a computer is right also?
Original post by saran12
Wasn't a limitation of Loftus research is it lacks ecological validity as it was done in lab conditions so cannot be generalised to real life

it's a field experiment.
Original post by Kiranjott
For the two marker on why the strange situation is effective I said that there's high interrater reliability as ainsworths findings were supported by Takahasis too? Can anyone tell me if this is right?!!

Not sure what you're getting at! Inter-rater reliability refers to one study. In Ainsworth's case, this is a strength; it means results are valid.
Original post by ssn2125
yes i think that is right, however i was asking if my answer of using a computer is right also?

ohhh I see, I think so if you mentioned like using a random generator which picked the names at random
Original post by imrhuss
it's a field experiment.

I think it is a Laboratory study too?
Original post by Naga1
Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl

in a2 it's ridiculously hard
Original post by ssn2125

Yeah it's cool. I said about random number generator. As long as you've said about assigning them a number etc, i.e. contextualising, you should be fine
Why was there so many extra lines LOL
Outline just means A01, when you need evaluation it states "outline and evaluate" so the A02 bit won't be counted
Original post by Fleming1928
I didn't evaluate it either. I thought if we had to evaluate it as well they'd make it an 8 marker.
So does this mean we didn't get the full 6 marks? The question said 'make sure to include the procedure and results'

The evaluation was asked as a seperate question, and was only worth 2 marks i think? Or maybe it was 4..
For the question about mnemonics, did u have to use the example of the 10 words in your explanation or would u get a mark for a different example ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else feel like they had to rush through the paper ?? Lots of questions that needed elaboration and long answers PLUS a whole page for pilot study question !!!!!!!
Original post by Eleanor303
I think it is a Laboratory study too?

I thought so too, however my teacher explained that the PP's came in to do a lab study, but whilst they were waiting, they heard the heated discussion and the man with the knife came out etc etc... so they were not aware that this would occur making it a field experiment rather than a lab study as pp's were not aware that this event was the experiment they came for.
(edited 8 years ago)
That's what i wrote!
Original post by Franemms
Anyone else feel like they had to rush through the paper ?? Lots of questions that needed elaboration and long answers PLUS a whole page for pilot study question !!!!!!!

Yeah true , my hand was flinching and cramping towards the end
Original post by imrhuss
it's a field experiment.

but there were two conditions tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending