Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got my offer for the professional musicianship vocals course at bristol BIMM and i'm totally clueless in terms of accommodation, i'm from the north east and all the musicians at my college are going to the manchester bimm so I was hoping to find people also going to bimm looking for house shares or could help me in terms of where to look? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm starting at BIMM Bristol in Oct 2015, on the Pro Musicianship Drums course. I've never been to uni and am also trying finding my feet with an unfamiliar situation. I'm also looking to meet others for a potential house/flat share, or find a family happy to rent me a spare room.

From an IM chat between BIMM and me: Our Student Support Team can offer guidance when it comes to finding suitable student digs. Whether you choose to live in a bedsit, a flat, a shared house or even on a part-board basis with a family, there’s plenty to choose from… although they do fill up fast, so we recommend you begin your search as soon as possible to find a home that suits you. If you’re looking to share, check out online housesharing websites, such as Gumtree, Accommodation For Students and Spare Room, or search for Facebook groups with names like ‘BIMM Bristol Freshers’ and post what you’re looking for. Or if you’d prefer to go the letting agency or private landlord route, start your search online with websites such as Bristol Post, Purple Frog Property, Bristol Digs and Study Lets.

As well as the official BIMM Bristol Facebook page, there's also another called BIMM Bristol. There's also BIMM Bristol Bands. Helpful for networking.

Kind regards,

Jon

ReputationRep:
    Hello people here!
    I have just received an unconditional offer to study Professional Musicianship at BIMM Bristol 2015/16.
    I am from spain, so for me it is hard to find a shared flat as I can't travel there anytime I wanna contact people, so for me, at least the first year, I will have to look for a student flat in students houses, as paying and receiving a key is so much easier for me from where I live.
    So I know some places such as Fitzhardinge house or Hotwells House.
    they are not cheap at all, but you don't have to worry about maintenance or anything.
    I hope to find some interesting people here, add me on Facebook (Carlos Coronado Nieto) or watch me on youtube ( http://youtu.be/IC8vptr3Jmw )
    See you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Everyone

Have you looked at Collegiate? We have a few properties in Bristol that have rooms that you can share! We are ideal for BIMM students as were really close. Have a look at our website if you're interested and we can get you a viewing if you like?

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud.../college-green
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...l/fusion-tower
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...ane-apartments

Regards
    Callum Brady
    Collegiate

ReputationRep:
    Finally I think I'm going to IQ aka http://www.iq-student-accommodation....ol/iq-bristol/
    If anyone from Bimm wants to go there, tell me and why don't we share the same flat? Or at least just to know I'll find people from going to the same place!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    I work at Hotwells House in Bristol. We have a lot of BIMM students here. We have just changed management to DIGS so we're not yet too easy to find on Google. You can give us a call on 01173 750 670 and speak to either Carly or Sam fro more information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacquelinecolby)
    I just got my offer for the professional musicianship vocals course at bristol BIMM and i'm totally clueless in terms of accommodation, i'm from the north east and all the musicians at my college are going to the manchester bimm so I was hoping to find people also going to bimm looking for house shares or could help me in terms of where to look? Thanks!
    Hey, I got into BIMM Bristol too, I was looking for someone to do a flatshare with, let me know if you are interested. There are a few halls that do flatshare as well as studio, so let me know if this is something that would interest you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cece Santos)
    Hey, I got into BIMM Bristol too, I was looking for someone to do a flatshare with, let me know if you are interested. There are a few halls that do flatshare as well as studio, so let me know if this is something that would interest you.
    Hey, I also got into Bimm Bristol and am looking for flat/house share if anyone is still in need of someone!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, although I myself and not from BIMM I'm from Screenology where there are no halls so we're looking at halls, we need one more person to secure a 4 bedroom shared apartment asap. Hope you're interested. Marionette apartment on Clifton triangle, mixed household currently one guy and two girls. All Uni's welcome. £110pw £500 deposit £228 agency fee We need one more person in order to secure this place!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.