The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

what kind of marks do yous get in the past papers
Original post by nualamurphy5
what kind of marks do yous get in the past papers

I did June 14 today and got 52/75 for the questions. Which is why I would like someone to read through my essay as I need a B for uni :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
at this rate, i wont able to get an A because i dont even know the topics properly.
doubt i can master this within 6 days.
from AS i got an high B well 2 ums off an A, do you think i can at least get a B overall in A2? :s-smilie:
unit 4, hopefully got a B, ugh life is ****.
Thats good though! you should be able to gett the marks for breadth, language and relevance if you plan the essay well before starting, and as long as its of a decent standard you should easily pick up 8/16 and 17/25 overall! 69/100 is usually an A :smile:
Original post by EmilyC96
I did June 14 today and got 52/75 for the questions. Which is why I would like someone to read through my essay as I need a B for uni :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
hoping to get a B thid time around since i got an E the first time lol
if i write about 5 topics in detail for the essay is that enough to gain full marks
Anyone know a proper structure for the essay??
Original post by Harlee24
Anyone know a proper structure for the essay??

I just tend to go straight into writing it tbh... Its good to have a structure, I use a paragraph for each point I make so take carbon for example, one paragraph will be on the carbon cycle and the other photosynthesis and another one which has further information outside of the spec will be separate.
(edited 8 years ago)

if its true do you think the paper will be more difficult due to being rushed?
Reply 530
Original post by djhodnett
if its true do you think the paper will be more difficult due to being rushed?

I don't think so, if anything it might be easier. I don't think they could come up with new questions with HSW and applications in a few days. They either have a backup or took questions from past papers. Either way we can't say for sure, so revise everything!
How is everyone revising? I've literally only just started revising this morning because I've been revising for other exams up until now :frown: I feel mind boggled; don't know where to start!
Reply 532
Original post by lucyloops1996
How is everyone revising? I've literally only just started revising this morning because I've been revising for other exams up until now :frown: I feel mind boggled; don't know where to start!

In the exact same position as you! I've got 3 exams next week -_- I've got 2 before this so I've only just started and there's so much to do! :frown:
Original post by Cpie21
In the exact same position as you! I've got 3 exams next week -_- I've got 2 before this so I've only just started and there's so much to do! :frown:

Oh gosh you have 3?! That's hard going, I only have this one and I'm panicking :frown: you'll be fine, just organise your revision so you have set slots for each subjects and take plenty of breaks!!

Don't worry, I left it later than this last year(I'm retaking) and managed to get a C just by focusing on main topics. If anything, skip DNA tech, it rarely ever comes up and if it does, there isn't much they can ask, I'd just do a quick overview. Start with action potentials and then diabetes perhaps, those are two topics I don't think came up last year(someone correct me if I'm wrong) - you could also use physicsandmathstutor.com - it's everything from the book just condensed it may be easier to work through:smile:
does someone have notes outside the spec for the essay they wouldn't mind sharing please it would really help :smile:
Does anyone have any ideas on essay title predictions?
yes i agree with the last 2 questions lol
Reply 538
Oh gosh you have 3?! That's hard going, I only have this one and I'm panicking :frown: you'll be fine, just organise your revision so you have set slots for each subjects and take plenty of breaks!!

Yep chemistry on Monday, psychology on Tuesday and then this on Wednesday!
I've condensed my notes for action potential and all that & I'm okay with transcription/translation.
Today I'm planning on getting muscle contraction done because our teacher didn't go through it with us :frown: any key point on that? I hate the way the textbook explain it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending