The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Praying for the essay to be on DNA, ions, CO2 or cycles but knowing my luck the essay will be awful. If they are AS heavy I'll be super angry
has anyone got an a or a star essay on gene technology there could share a link for please
Original post by Beckyboo308
Praying for the essay to be on DNA, ions, CO2 or cycles but knowing my luck the essay will be awful. If they are AS heavy I'll be super angry

omg cycles would be a dream come true <3 but its already come up twice :frown: so no luck
Original post by charlottei

Also, if kinesis comes up...

In favourable conditions, are you going to put that the organism INCREASES or DECREASES its rate of turning? I think increasing the turning makes more sense but every textbook I look in seems to say something different...

Kinesis is NON-DIRECTIONAL, so if a statistical test proved the results to be random then it would demonstrate kinesis.

Therefore, if the RATE of turning increased (i.e. the subjects moved left or right in a more seemingly random manner) then this would also be an example of kinesis in action.

I hope this is right/makes sense?:colondollar:
Reply 844
Original post by C.R.E.A.M
has anyone got an a or a star essay on gene technology there could share a link for please

there not much point revising that for the essay when dna tech has already come up...
If anyone has any essays or essay plans that they would like to share then please do :smile:
Last day of revision tomorrow is anyone starting to panic
Original post by nualamurphy5

I'm so screwed haven't done a past paper yet, tomorrow I will I guess :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nchomuzinda
I'm so screwed haven't done a past paper yet, tomorrow I will I guess :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? Have u had alot exams?

Bit worried for the essay, kind of make or break
Original post by Vengefulcandy
Bit worried for the essay, kind of make or break

Exactly theres only 10 marks between an E and an A
Do you guys have any idea that what might come up for the essay?
Exactly theres only 10 marks between an E and an A

But then it's only 60% for an A
what essays are people/(teachers) predicting for this year?? so stressed for it omg
Original post by jessyyng
Do you guys have any idea that what might come up for the essay?

Original post by C.R.E.A.M
what essays are people/(teachers) predicting for this year?? so stressed for it omg

Literally anything
Yeah I've got economics the day after as well 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we talk about answers to questions after the test on wednesday
Can we talk about answers to questions after the test on wednesday

Why would you want to do that, if you get something wrong you'll just end up worrying about it all summer
Original post by Lordbrown
Kinesis is NON-DIRECTIONAL, so if a statistical test proved the results to be random then it would demonstrate kinesis.

Therefore, if the RATE of turning increased (i.e. the subjects moved left or right in a more seemingly random manner) then this would also be an example of kinesis in action.

I hope this is right/makes sense?:colondollar:

Ooh nice note about the statistical test! I could see them asking a question on that.

And yeah it makes sense when you state it like that. I think I'm just thinking of the effects of such random movement too frequently. Thank you!

Yep. I'm in total panic mode already, as I have been since Saturday, aha. Really don't feel like I've got enough time to cover everything...
The day I will be ready for this exam is the day genetically modified tomatoes freeze over

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending