The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Commando1
to think i didnt watch game of thrones so i could have more time to revise for this **** exam, only did I later realise that nothing can prepare you for this BS

Me too, I feel like I've let Game of Thrones down, regrets.
Original post by Bethany_

I missed the gym to revise for this BS....
Original post by mujtaba.khokhar
I missed the gym to revise for this BS....

Don't even start, 3 exams within 46 hours, that's 3 gym sessions missed. That is not okay.
Original post by Thebest786
Thanks, so I might aim for the most basic essay (Assuming you have all the detail and the 3 other factors are first class) without any of the spec stuff as I have a full book of extra stuff but didn't really have time to learn it due to other exams and don't think I can learn much now

Absolutely. An essay score of 21 is excellent and well above average. Go for perfection in the specification content and you won't go wrong. Only add extras if you can, but don't worry too much.
Don't even start, 3 exams within 46 hours, that's 3 gym sessions missed. That is not okay.

WOW... im sorry, and I thought my exam timetable was bad. This is my last exam! good luck for tomorrow, and any other exams! :smile:
Original post by Yaz97
My basic plan is:
Transport in plants
Nitrogen cycle
Proteins - Fe2+ group in haemoglobin and ionic bonds in tertiary structures
Synapses
Ca2+ in muscle contraction
Cl- in cholera
Sodium potassium pump in gut/axon
H+ in ETC and in regulating blood pH
Pi in ATP and DNA

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

does this look like a decent essay?? ive done no essays whatsoever and i cant remember any of unit and 2, so my plans based on what id be able to recall in the exam *proceeds to revise the other stuff you mentioned*
WOW... im sorry, and I thought my exam timetable was bad. This is my last exam! good luck for tomorrow, and any other exams! :smile:

You too! NO THIS IS MY LAST ONE TOO, MAKE SURE YOU CELEBRATE WELL
Do we need to know all the stages for southern blotting?
**** it.. I watched it the other day... otherwise I'd keep thinking about it.. I just needed to get it done so my mind would stop drifting...
maybe I should do the essay first... thoughts?
Original post by Bustamove
**** it.. I watched it the other day... otherwise I'd keep thinking about it.. I just needed to get it done so my mind would stop drifting...

It's been so hard to not just watch it, the time I've spent procrastinating I should of just watched it though.....
Original post by plasmaman
maybe I should do the essay first... thoughts?

Thats what i plan to do! As they recommend 40 minutes, however a decent essay does not need 40 minutes of time if you have a decent plan, guess it depends on the wording of the question..
You too! NO THIS IS MY LAST ONE TOO, MAKE SURE YOU CELEBRATE WELL

good lol, i've had 5 exams over 7 weeks, talk about drag...

ahah you can count on that, AND YOU TOO, CELEBRATE LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
this exam is in AM right?
Original post by Bustamove
this exam is in AM right?

YES 9AM!!!
Original post by lucie987
Thats what i plan to do! As they recommend 40 minutes, however a decent essay does not need 40 minutes of time if you have a decent plan, guess it depends on the wording of the question..

nice, I want to get it out the way asap as its quite a big thing to be worrying about... but then I dont want to tire myself out too much before the crappy HSW questions...
Reply 1616
Original post by ember8
does this look like a decent essay?? ive done no essays whatsoever and i cant remember any of unit and 2, so my plans based on what id be able to recall in the exam *proceeds to revise the other stuff you mentioned*

Not too sure how much xylem, phloem and carbon cycle relate to ions but if you know how to use them to answer the question then by all means go for it, although I'd have talked more about active transport of ions in roots and how that lowers the water potential. Rather than an overview of photosynthesis and respiration I'd just mention the bits involving ions (i.e. coenzymes and ETC) to avoid wasting time and remember saprobionts make ammonium from dead organic material, only nitrogen fixing convert nitrogen from the air.

Other than that it looks good but that's just my personal opinion, I'm not an examiner so I might not be right!

Going to sleep now so good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plasmaman
nice, I want to get it out the way asap as its quite a big thing to be worrying about... but then I dont want to tire myself out too much before the crappy HSW questions...

hahah yeah i guess, but at least it requires less thought than those ****e HSW's which no one knows the answer to!
good lol, i've had 5 exams over 7 weeks, talk about drag...

ahah you can count on that, AND YOU TOO, CELEBRATE LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh god I know the feeling it has draaaaged, it has been dreadful, BUT NOW WE ARE FREE! :biggrin:

I feel like I've done the exam.... I really have given up
Oh god I know the feeling it has draaaaged, it has been dreadful, BUT NOW WE ARE FREE! :biggrin:

I feel like I've done the exam.... I really have given up

YEAAH.... free to roam the world, as they say! im off to Qatar to become a pilot in a few weeks. (why did i even take biology? lol)

i know the feeling...

Quick Reply