Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend are off to australia for a year in under 2 months for a working holiday (and Asia for 6 months after) and I'm really struggling on what to pack?
    ive read blogs / watched YouTube channels but most are only on travelling and not helping on the work aspect.
    basically I need some advise on what to take, experience would be great, and for someone to answer my questions.

1) i need an 'interview outfit' although have no idea what would be applicable. Do I need to take specific clothes to work in / colours. I'm hoping for bar/waitressing work due to experience.

2) hair dryer. This one is stressing me out, my hair is HORRID when not blown dry. Is it a good idea to take one or will there be easy access to ones at hostels. This one has caused the odd arguments with the bf

3) heels. Me and my bf like to party and I'm def a heel girl due to only being 5"2. Do I take them or not?

(I understand heels/hairdryer are bulky but I've got essentials and essential clothes down and just working whether or not to take these)

if if any one who's done this could give me some advise on things the recommend taking would be so great ful as Im freaking out a bit! Thankyou in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poltonx)
    Me and my boyfriend are off to australia for a year in under 2 months for a working holiday (and Asia for 6 months after) and I'm really struggling on what to pack?
    ive read blogs / watched YouTube channels but most are only on travelling and not helping on the work aspect.
    basically I need some advise on what to take, experience would be great, and for someone to answer my questions.

1) i need an 'interview outfit' although have no idea what would be applicable. Do I need to take specific clothes to work in / colours. I'm hoping for bar/waitressing work due to experience.

2) hair dryer. This one is stressing me out, my hair is HORRID when not blown dry. Is it a good idea to take one or will there be easy access to ones at hostels. This one has caused the odd arguments with the bf

3) heels. Me and my bf like to party and I'm def a heel girl due to only being 5"2. Do I take them or not?

(I understand heels/hairdryer are bulky but I've got essentials and essential clothes down and just working whether or not to take these)

if if any one who's done this could give me some advise on things the recommend taking would be so great ful as Im freaking out a bit! Thankyou in advance.
    How about just take it all?
    Must be awesome to go to Australia, does it take a lot of paper work filling be able to go there and fly?
    Would love do the same thing you're doing in some time, send me a PM in a year tell me how it all went! hahaha
    Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.