Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (At the moment I'm taking a break) I started properly revising for my subjects three weeks ago, and I was able to catch up with most of my revision for the chemistry mock exam, which I have tomorrow (but I haven't finished revising the rest of the organic chemistry in CH2, that I was suppose to learn for the exam as well).

I haven't been able to practice any exam past papers, which I know will be crucial for understanding what the mark scheme wants. I know I won't do that well, but I want to do the best I can in the time given regardless.

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    bump - it's tomorrow....

ReputationRep:
    Bump - it's today... :-S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Bump - it's today... :-S
    Your right when you say past papers are key! Just remember that this is a mock so don't get tol stressed over it if it doesn't exactly go as planned

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    Your right when you say past papers are key! Just remember that this is a mock so don't get tol stressed over it if it doesn't exactly go as planned

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said to the teacher ages ago I started revising efficiently, but I was wrong, so if I do bad in this exam, I will kind of lose my credibility.

ReputationRep:
    If you're teacher are anything like mine they will still believe in you, even if most credibility is lost my chemistry teachers always push me but I never do what's needed, obviously that needs to change, but speak to her after it, like previously siad it's just a mock, shows you what would happen in an exam if you went in with that much revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ........... why? Seriously.
    This user has since been banned

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I said to the teacher ages ago I started revising efficiently, but I was wrong, so if I do bad in this exam, I will kind of lose my credibility.
    How did the exam go❔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? I am on the same page as you with chemistry and not having the exam practise but with the half term coming up I will be treating them like gold dust

ReputationRep:
    For organic, revise each functional group, its names, mechanisms (if there are any at GCSE) and its main reactions.

Other than that, do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    How did the exam go❔

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really bad - I thought I had a lot of time to spare (like 35 minutes), when the teacher said "10 minutes left chemistry students". I only realised after the exam there was a big clock on the floor less than 5 feet away from me.

So as a result, I never finished the exam. (let's leave it at that :-P)

Although I'm glad I've nearly caught up with my notes on chemistry. My revision plan to catch up is working. It would now be a lot easier in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Really bad - I thought I had a lot of time to spare (like 35 minutes), when the teacher said "10 minutes left chemistry students". I only realised after the exam there was a big clock on the floor less than 5 feet away from me.

So as a result, I never finished the exam. (let's leave it at that :-P)

Although I'm glad I've nearly caught up with my notes on chemistry. My revision plan to catch up is working. It would now be a lot easier in the future.
    You can learn from this though! I did the same in my history exam which meant I didn't finish either. Atleast it was just a mock though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.