Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am TajwarC or Taj as some of my friends refer to me as. So I thought I'd share what my "plan" is for this year as I'm sure my friends are pretty fed up of hearing about it. Get ready for an essay...

So June 2014 wasn't exactly my best performance in terms of exams, I ended up with BBCD in Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics respectively. There's many reasons and excuses for this but at the end of the day I basically wasted a year and had no idea about how to manage time. I was always in clouds, thinking I would get AAAA with a >90% UMS average. Oh dear...

I'd like to achieve A*AAab this year (still in the clouds?), with an A* in Biology, even though I hate it! I do Edexcel, the thing is you only need like 66/90 for an A* and only a couple more for 120 UMS (I've seen it as low as like 67/90 for full UMS) in the A2 units so I reckon that's the subject I'm most likely to get an A* in, if any. If this does happen, I'll most likely defer entry and take a gap year, in which I'll do A2 further maths and physics. I may even drop out of this cycle and reapply for a different degree; either Natural Sciences or Chemical Physics. The majority of my chosen streams would still be Chemistry based however.

I could post individual module scores from 2014 along with what I aim to achieve (UMS and marks wise) from the resits if this generates enough interest. I actually typed up a document regarding all this information a day or so after results day last year.

Among all the studying I still try to find time to play sports and continuing to learn the piano. It's difficult but personally I don't want to only have good grades. So it's not just about getting stellar grades, it's more about becoming an all round person for me.

Improbable, but not impossible.

Thanks for reading

Will edit roughly every 10 days

Edit - 13/02/15 - I've been entered for all the exams I wanted to be entered for after some dispute! 16 in total! Started revision already.
    Edit - 23/02/15 - Got rejected from UCL for Chemistry with Mathematics. Was my top choice :/ Will have Bath and Warwick as my firm and insurance
    Edit - 03/03/15 - Aiming to finish more than 80 papers by May 4th. First exam is on the 13th of May however the 9 days from the 4th until the 13th will be devoted to C1, FP1, CHEM1, CHEM2, PHYA2 and 6BI01. No A2 revision until the 23rd of May, in which I have the half term. Would have completed 5 papers for each upcoming unit already leaving between 3-7 left. Not sure if this will work out but it's the best plan I have...
    Edit - 13/03/15 - 10 mock exams in 4 days starting week of 23rd... Damn
    Edit - 23/03/15 - Mock week as of now. First couple of exams have gone alright I guess. Trying to learn content before cramming mark schemes for these mocks. Will review content over Easter/beginning of May, then bang out past papers and THEN cram mark schemes.
    Edit - 03/04/15 - Easter revision...Need to get all these papers done. Could be going better, but there's still over a week left. Haven't fallen apart yet.
    Edit - Easter over. Got no where near enough papers done as I had initially anticipated but with 4 weeks until the AS exams I think there is still time. Next 3 weeks will be really nailing CHEM5,BI05 and C4. Will also be Doing bits of M1, C3, CHEM4, BI04 and FP1. This gives a full week to revise for FP1, C1, BI01 and CHEM1 (the easier exams of the lot). Half term will consist of All the A2 units excluding S2 along with PHYA2 and CHEM2. I anticipate that CHEM2 will require less ef
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that TajwarC's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    Hello. I am TajwarC or Taj as some of my friends refer to me as. So I thought I'd share what my "plan" is for this year as I'm sure my friends are pretty fed up of hearing about it. Get ready for an essay...

Thanks for reading
    Hey, just thought I'd check in and see how it's all going with you How was your week last week? How do you feel about your studies? How are you getting on with managing your time - have you developed a good strategy for that?

Your goal of becoming well rounded is really good I think sometimes it's too easy to be completely focused on one thing, whilst losing sight of the bigger picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hey, just thought I'd check in and see how it's all going with you How was your week last week? How do you feel about your studies? How are you getting on with managing your time - have you developed a good strategy for that?

Your goal of becoming well rounded is really good I think sometimes it's too easy to be completely focused on one thing, whilst losing sight of the bigger picture

Just had a 4 day trip to Somerset to collect data for A2 biology coursework. Was dreading it at first but I actually found it fairly enjoyable in the end. Got 2 more days to get a first draft done!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Just had a 4 day trip to Somerset to collect data for A2 biology coursework. Was dreading it at first but I actually found it fairly enjoyable in the end. Got 2 more days to get a first draft done!
    :woo: Why were you dreading it? :afraid: Also I'm kind of interested to know what data you were collecting! :ninja:

2 days is plenty of time - how's your draft going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    :woo: Why were you dreading it? :afraid: Also I'm kind of interested to know what data you were collecting! :ninja:

2 days is plenty of time - how's your draft going?
    It wasn't anything too fancy; I was measuring the effect of soil moisture on abundance of plant species.

The draft is coming up well, apart from the statistical testing, it's actually quite quick to draw up the entire report. Although I'm not a massive fan of biology and especially ecology (hence why I was dreading the trip) this study along with the statistical analysis (I enjoy the maths involved) was actually quite fun to carry out.

Got some nice photos whilst on the trip too

Good luck with your 16 exams
    I have 18!!!!! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selenerrr__x)
    Good luck with your 16 exams
    I have 18!!!!! :cry:
    Oh damn...Guessing you have many resits like myself. Started revising yet?

Oh damn...Guessing you have many resits like myself. Started revising yet?
    Not even close
    Still trying to learn and memorise the actual content
    At the rate I'm going, I'll be amazed if I even make one of my university offers.

ReputationRep:
    I still update this! I edit the OP every 10 days

ReputationRep:
    Almost exam time!

This week I need to finish up C4, CHEM5 and M1. Maybe some D1 too. Next week I will review C3/CHEM4 and BI04 and then start revision for FP1, CHEM1, BI01 and C1.

Still need to find some time to revise CHEM2 and PHYA2 too (timetabled in some time during the half term but I'd rather not leave it that late).

So many exams...So so many exams...

ReputationRep:
    FP1 and C1 next week. Feeling kind of confident for both, just gotta bang out some past papers. Hope to get some C4 and CHEM5 done next week too and I think I'm set...

ReputationRep:
    FP1 and C1 went alright I think, FP1 being the better of the two surprisingly. Have 6BI01 and CHEM1 this week both of which should go okay hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't updated this in aaages. Went through 15 exams and only one left. Don't think I've achieved the target I aimed for in the OP but I'm hoping I've at least made my offer of AAB...

ReputationRep:
    Haven't updated this in aaages. Went through 15 exams and only one left. Don't think I've achieved the target I aimed for in the OP but I'm hoping I've at least made my offer of AAB...
    Hey. I just received my AS results and they were not great. CEE, psychology, bio and chem. ISA's were both A's however. My school has not let me re-enter therefore I have decided to take measures into my own hands, and sit my A2 exams along with AS retakes next summer, by completely studying alone. I will go to a public library everyday during normal school hours and will look to complete 3-4 hours of work every single day from now to exam time. This includes the stuff I will study at library and later in the evening when I get home. I have all the resources, books available. Since you were in a similar case, where you basically sat your whole A-levels in one go, (due to retakes) how difficult do you think this will be for me to achieve? I am aiming to get A's at the end, even something like AAB or ABB is fine. I am completely sure that learning AS will be easy, as the content was fine, I just lacked the effort. I am concerned about A2 however. Can i learn it myself? Tutors? Will i have enough time? could you please suggest a set timetable or something like that? I am just pancking at the moment, and getting advice from somebody in a similar position as me will help a lot

thank you

p.s
    my school allowed me to come back during Feb/March to come and sit my A2 ISA's, so thankfully that's sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Hello...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatehL)
    Hello...?
    Hi! Sorry I've been a bit busy recently. I will PM you shortly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.