The Student Room Group

Opito apprenticeship back up?

I applied for the OPITO apprenticeship last year, passed the aptitude tests, passed the interview and was put on the reserve list. I never got in but I had applied for NC Measurement and Control as a back up so and I'm currently flying through that.

My question is, if I don't get in with OPITO again (i have high hopes this year ,but just in case) what back up should I have this time?
I have applied for other apprenticeships this year but I only want OPITO 100%. I want to be a production technician/process operator offshore and progress to the control room to toolpusher and finally to OIM.

My choices are (if i dont take another apprenticeship offer) HNC Petroleum Engineering OR Performing engineering operations SVQ lv2.

The OPITO apprenticeship, for the discipline I want, gets you an HNC in Petroleum Process Technology, Operations and Control, which is VERY similar to the HNC petroleum engineering qualification. and it also gives the PEO svq lv2 along with other other SVQ's at lv 1 and 3 and an NC.

Unsure as which one would be best, my college just now doesn't seem so helpful as all they really say is don't worry you'll get the apprenticeship this time. I need a back up plan though regardless.

Any thoughts anyone?
Reply 1
What happened?
Reply 2
Didnt get into OPITO so done a HNC in instrumentation and got onto a trainee tech scheme in a power station.
Ive been a qualified EC&I technician since April
Reply 3
Good to hear your doing well, however do you have any tips especially for the interview stage? Thanks

Quick Reply