Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HELP-"Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate" watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Since Tuesday I have not been able to access my student finance details. I can log in but whenever I click on my correspondence or bank details or payments it come up as:
    "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help"

I have tried using a different laptop and a different internet browser and I still have this problem. How can I fix it as need to access my student finance details. Thank you, any help will be very much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    Since Tuesday I have not been able to access my student finance details. I can log in but whenever I click on my correspondence or bank details or payments it come up as:
    "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help"

I have tried using a different laptop and a different internet browser and I still have this problem. How can I fix it as need to access my student finance details. Thank you, any help will be very much appreciated!
    Hello,

Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites list?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Security Tab > Click Trusted Sites > Click Sites > Enter the URL for your website > Click Add

If it doesn't have a https prefix, please remove the tick in the box for Require server verification...

If this doesn't work, let me know. :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Hello,

Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites list?

Control Panel > Internet Options > Security Tab > Click Trusted Sites > Click Sites > Enter the URL for your website > Click Add

If it doesn't have a https prefix, please remove the tick in the box for Require server verification...

If this doesn't work, let me know. :yep:
    Hi, thanks for trying to help. I've tried this and it still doesn't work. Am having the same problem when trying to access student finance on my phone and other computers. This is annoying as I need to reapply for finance soon so not a good time to be having problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    Hi, thanks for trying to help. I've tried this and it still doesn't work. Am having the same problem when trying to access student finance on my phone and other computers. This is annoying as I need to reapply for finance soon so not a good time to be having problems
    I'd give them a call then. Sounds like they have an issue at their end.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'd give them a call then. Sounds like they have an issue at their end.
    Ok, thank you

ReputationRep:
    You could just download a different web browser. Internet Explorer can be a bit dodgy when it comes to that particularly when a site doesn't have an up to date security certificate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    You could just download a different web browser. Internet Explorer can be a bit dodgy when it comes to that particularly when a site doesn't have an up to date security certificate
    OP said that she tried more than one browser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    OP said that she tried more than one browser.
    Well Student Finances website is down for maintanance at the moment as well so

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the same problem. I could access my account correspondence briefly last night and now it has stopped working again. I've tried chrome, firefox and IE. I've also tweaked the security settings and advanced options with no luck. I can only assume it is an issue their end (as always).

It is very annoying as I urgently need to print off some information and get my funding confirmed in the next few days. However it is not surprising to me though; I've found SFE to be hopelessly slow and incompetent over the last few years.... why should their website be any different. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.