Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter


    I have a friend who was sexually abused as a child, she's now at Uni in London, and thinking about talking to her councillor about it. She's only told about 3 others before, and no family. But she's worried that the coincillors are obligated to tell the police etc if they know. If she tells her councillor, does it remain strictly between them, or do they have to tell someone else?


    They have to. It's the law
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It depends if she or someone else is in danger. or whether they believe that to be the case.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.