Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good 3DS games..? (Or Vita or iPhone?) Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Hey everyone,

I've been out of the gaming loop a little bit. I really want to play a good platformer game like Mario on the 3DS. I've played most of them except for anything released in 2014/15. Were there any good platformers released recently?

Or are there any good action / platformers on Vita or iPad?

Jack
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You a Zelda fan?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    You a Zelda fan?
    I am yeah - that last one didn't really grab my attention because the graphics still looked really dated. I should probably stop being silly though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    I am yeah - that last one didn't really grab my attention because the graphics still looked really dated. I should probably stop being silly though
    That case, consider getting legend of Zelda ocanrina of time that would get you started IMO
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    That case, consider getting legend of Zelda ocanrina of time that would get you started IMO
    Yeah, that's a good idea. I played that game to death on N64 but that was so long ago. I wouldn't mind revisiting it actually.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I've been out of the gaming loop a little bit. I really want to play a good platformer game like Mario on the 3DS. I've played most of them except for anything released in 2014/15. Were there any good platformers released recently?

Or are there any good action / platformers on Vita or iPad?

Jack
    If you fancy a challenge, Shovel Knight is a wonderful 8-bit style platformer. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    If you fancy a challenge, Shovel Knight is a wonderful 8-bit style platformer. :yep:
    :ditto: One of the best calls that there is to make right now.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :ditto: One of the best calls that there is to make right now.
    Righto, I will have to take a look at that one! After my exams on Monday...

OMG! http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/0...mask-3d-review

ReputationRep:
    Majora's Mask 3D is coming out next week, if you're a Zelda fan! Personally, I'm a huge RPG fan and I really enjoyed Pokemon X, and am currently playing through Bravely Default (and thoroughly enjoying it!). For the Vita... Persona 4 Golden, if you like (J)RPGs. It's a very very long game but worth every minute! And the Danganronpa games are always fun, too - they're sort of mystery/visual novel but with actual interactivity. The story's pretty linear, though.

Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roarchika)
    Majora's Mask 3D is coming out next week, if you're a Zelda fan! Personally, I'm a huge RPG fan and I really enjoyed Pokemon X, and am currently playing through Bravely Default (and thoroughly enjoying it!). For the Vita... Persona 4 Golden, if you like (J)RPGs. It's a very very long game but worth every minute! And the Danganronpa games are always fun, too - they're sort of mystery/visual novel but with actual interactivity. The story's pretty linear, though.

Good luck with your exams!
    There shouldn't really be any need for that "if".
    Why the "OMG"? Certainly the praise coming from reviews shouldn't be a surprise!

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    There shouldn't really be any need for that "if".

Why the "OMG"? Certainly the praise coming from reviews shouldn't be a surprise!

I'm just had no idea it was coming out! When slowbro mentioned Ocarina, I was secretly hoping for Majora's Mask as I only ever played through that once without collecting everything. And I remember the least about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just had no idea it was coming out! When slowbro mentioned Ocarina, I was secretly hoping for Majora's Mask as I only ever played through that once without collecting everything. And I remember the least about it.
    You've not been paying attention then The re-release was announced back in November last year and there's been another Nintendo Direct in the meantime as well. The game comes out a week on Friday, alongside the New 3DS - it's going to be a good day!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    You've not been paying attention then The re-release was announced back in November last year and there's been another Nintendo Direct in the meantime as well. The game comes out a week on Friday, alongside the New 3DS - it's going to be a good day!
    :lol: it's like a second Christmas! I really want that new 3DS for the extra control stick and the better 3D screen but I don't know if I can justify the cost. Especially as I want a Vita too...

I'm quite proud of myself, because I've been studying a lot in my spare time I decided to go cold turkey on video games and I've stuck to that for the last 9 months or so. Which, if you knew exactly how much I played video games up to that point, is practically a miracle.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :lol: it's like a second Christmas! I really want that new 3DS for the extra control stick and the better 3D screen but I don't know if I can justify the cost. Especially as I want a Vita too...

I'm quite proud of myself, because I've been studying a lot in my spare time I decided to go cold turkey on video games and I've stuck to that for the last 9 months or so. Which, if you knew exactly how much I played video games up to that point, is practically a miracle.
    :rofl:

Well done

ReputationRep:
    How about the StreetPass games, they're enjoyable for about a year + because you need to get StreetPass hits to play those games, you'll be out and about a lot

ReputationRep:

Now that is impressive! I don't think I could do that, no matter how much I tried!
    The new 3DS has a longer battery life too, compared to the slightly abysmal one of the 3DS... //sigh but it's all so damn expensive. I'd say wait until the PS Vita has a few more games, since I don't think it has too many amazing ones atm? Although you can get PSP games for it via PSN, which would totally make it worth buying one.

ReputationRep:
    x
    You *really* need to take another look at the Vita's library.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You *really* need to take another look at the Vita's library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All right, hit me up - what am I missing out on?

ReputationRep:
    All right, hit me up - what am I missing out on?
    Off the top of my head...

Freedom Wars
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Tearaway
    Counterspy
    Velocity 2X
    Gravity Rush
    Escape Plan
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Persona 4: Golden
    Rogue Legacy
    Child of Light
    Luftrausers
    Danganronpa
    (and its sequel)
    OlliOlli
    Tales of Hearts R

That should be plenty to get you started. :yep:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Off the top of my head...

Freedom Wars
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Tearaway
    Counterspy
    Velocity 2X
    Gravity Rush
    Escape Plan
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Persona 4: Golden
    Rogue Legacy
    Child of Light
    Luftrausers
    Danganronpa
    (and its sequel)
    OlliOlli
    Tales of Hearts R

That should be plenty to get you started. :yep:
    I can feel myself slowly caving. I need a gaming new console fix. But do I upgrade my 3DS, get a Vita or take the plunge for a PS4 :eek:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.