Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I have got 4 conditional offers from Leeds, Notttingham, Swansea and Loughborough.

Which one should I choose?

I would be grateful if someone could give me suggestion or analysis.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lucas0)
    Recently, I have got 4 conditional offers from Leeds, Notttingham, Swansea and Loughborough.

Which one should I choose?

I would be grateful if someone could give me suggestion or analysis.
    Hi lucas0

Well out of those 4 I'd say Loughborough, but then I'm probably being a bit biased!

It's difficult for anyone to say which you should choose because it depends what you want out of your time at uni and what sort of place you want to spend the next few years of your life.

You need to look at what each uni offers you in relation to the course, the facilities (for both the course and in general for leisure time/ extra curricular activities), the support for international students, employability stats and things like that.

Might be worth making a tick list and comparing all the points that are important to you.

For instance, if you main criteria was that you really wanted to be by the sea, the only place to choose out of those 4 is Swansea. If you wanted a single-site campus uni - you'd choose Loughborough, for a big-city environment it'd be Leeds.

There are lots of things to consider, but if you do your research, figure out what you want out of the next 3-5 years, you should then be able to make a more informed decision.

Have a look at TSR Connect too - you might find some people to chat to from the different unis for first hand experiences.

Hope this helps a bit - if you want any more info about Loughborough, let me know (and post on the Loughborough Uni forum.)

Vicky

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    You're welcome!
    Vicky

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.