Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll keep a long story short - it may sound silly but I'm so confused haha.

Basically, last term I met a guy and we got on, he was a good friend and we'd hang out and work together (he's on my course) at the time, I'd say yeah I developed a slight crush but I knew nothing would happen anyway and that was fine. Towards the end of October/beginning of November I met another guy and we got close and things happened, we didn't have sex or anything, but he would sleep over and still does and we hang out during the day as friends. After we got close, the my friendship with the initial guy sort of fizzled away and we didn't really speak much and when we'd happen to be among a group of people it was slightly awkward (probably my fault as I can be quite an awkward person)

Anyway, then along came the holidays and now we're into second term. During 1st term, he claimed he hadn't got with anyone at all, but this term he's gotten with 1 girl (no idea if it was anything more than a kiss though) and he's started to acting different? We've started speaking more and hanging out in a group casually and he'll like tease me and pretend we're a thing and stuff?

In a nutshell - I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't look into it if I were you
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    He probably sort of liked you too, so you had the same feelings for each other.

Then you met the other guy and didnt want to talk to the first guy so he didnt want to talk to you either

Then he let go of the feelings, he had and decided not to waste his time on someone who has hooked up with a different guy (you) and hooked up with someone else and moved swiftly on...

Not really confusing to me

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    I wouldn't look into it if I were you
    I know I shouldn't but can't help but wonder why all of a sudden he's acting like this when towards the end of last term we hardly said a word to each other and didn't speak over christmas either...

(Original post by heavyhandscott)
    He probably sort of liked you too, so you had the same feelings for each other.

Then you met the other guy and didnt want to talk to the first guy so he didnt want to talk to you either

Then he let go of the feelings, he had and decided not to waste his time on someone who has hooked up with a different guy (you) and hooked up with someone else and moved swiftly on...

Not really confusing to me
    But after getting with her on the night out, why all of a sudden buddy up with me? That's the bit that's confused me haha.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But after getting with her on the night out, why all of a sudden buddy up with me? That's the bit that's confused me haha.
    Probably because he doesnt feel awkward anymore, you have both since moved on from what you possible had (i.e. feelings) and now you both do not feel the same anymore so just get along as friends

Probably because he doesnt feel awkward anymore, you have both since moved on from what you possible had (i.e. feelings) and now you both do not feel the same anymore so just get along as friends
    Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thanks
    No problem. It just seems like its not worth worry or confusing about, it happened it the past and wast a big deal so just focus on enjoying yourself and working hard which i hope you are

No problem. It just seems like its not worth worry or confusing about, it happened it the past and wast a big deal so just focus on enjoying yourself and working hard which i hope you are
    I definitely agree Was just on my mind a little as it's now that he's waltzing back and calling me names as though we're an item and stuff haha. Just feels different to go from not speaking to him acting like that haha.

haha, yes! Well trying my best Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I definitely agree Was just on my mind a little as it's now that he's waltzing back and calling me names as though we're an item and stuff haha. Just feels different to go from not speaking to him acting like that haha.

haha, yes! Well trying my best Thanks
    Well if hes being nice to you embrace it and see how it goes, be friendly but not too friendly because if you do and one of you hooks up with another girl/guy this may not do your friendship any good and may lead to :fuhrer:

And good good... What course you studying?:cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.