The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello cat lovers. Just now found this society. :smile: And promptly took some new photos of my cat

Here is my 7 year old, Safi enjoying the sun in her favorite spot.

She may be on in years but she still likes to play sometimes, though I think she gets tired really quickly now.

Oh wanted to note that I rescued her from the SPCA, in the city I used to live in. Felt it was worth an edit because I am a strong believer in rescuing animals from shelters to give them good "forever" homes. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Kat and Alfie, adopted them from a friend who names them after the Moons from Eastenders in december when they were about 3 months old. They're now 11 months!

Couldn't tell you who is who there, they looked eerily similar when they were younger. Now I can tell because one looks chubbier than the other, except he's actually like half a pound lighter than Kat! I also used to have a ginger cat called Ginge, he lives with my mum now!
Just thought I’d attach photos as requested of the new home-born kittens (so damn cute! ^.^) I mentioned a few weeks back - Bellatrix and her tiny troops!

On another, much sadder, note: Bellatrix's brother - poor Sirius Black and White - was run over last week. I got told on the phone when in London and promptly burst into tears on the tube on Wednesday (... :facepalm:... I then got asked whether I was worried about Resuts Day by some old woman?!) Thankfully he's okay and is purring and alive and everything, but it's touch and go whether he'll keep his back leg :'( He is gorgeous and so lovely and chirrupy and I will be devasted if he doesn't pull through this.

Dad has affectionately said: "Well, if he does have surgery... at least we get to call him Tripod." :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
My cat Tigger :h: He likes to bite people, a LOT.
TIGGER.jpg
Original post by Lily Academia
Just thought I’d attach photos as requested of the new home-born kittens (so damn cute! ^.^) I mentioned a few weeks back - Bellatrix and her tiny troops!

On another, much sadder, note: Bellatrix's brother - poor Sirius Black and White - was run over last week. I got told on the phone when in London and promptly burst into tears on the tube on Wednesday (... :facepalm:... I then got asked whether I was worried about Resuts Day by some old woman?!) Thankfully he's okay and is purring and alive and everything, but it's touch and go whether he'll keep his back leg :'( He is gorgeous and so lovely and chirrupy and I will be devasted if he doesn't pull through this.

Dad has affectionately said: "Well, if he does have surgery... at least we get to call him Tripod." :rolleyes:

:cute:
Reply 585
They like to hold hands. :smile:

Reply 586
This isn't mine (unfortunately. :sad:) I thought I'd post it anyway because it's so cute. :gah:

Why is it cats like boxes so much? Struggled to get her out of it!
Reply 588
(Are there no options to embed Vimeo videos here as there is with YouTube videos?)

Well feel free to visit my blog to view kittens in HD created using a camera dolly. So far, my favourite cat video I have stumbled across! Always looking for more cuteness so feel free to show me others that you think are brilliant.

...Feels nice to post in this thread again. :h:
I love cats purr purr purr. =^..^=
Reply 590
I want a cat... how much are they, roughly? And given that I have a rottweiler and akita... do you think its more than likely that I will have problems?
I miss my cat.
I want a white japanese bobtail cat and I'd call it Yuki (Japanese for snow) or Kitty (like Hello Kitty who is also a Japanese bobtail) and give a pink or red ribbon and practise speaking with it in Japanese.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I miss my cat.

I never had cats of my own but was very attached to my neighbours' cats. One was a white, fluffy Turkish Angora and the other one was a black and white tuxedo shorthair cat that looked like Felix and was uber friendly. Infact both were. The tuxedo cat used to always sleep on my leg. They've both passed on now. I miss them dearly.

I wish I had a cat of my own but my father is allergic to them so I guess I'll have to wait until I get a place of my own.
Original post by defuzion
I want a cat... how much are they, roughly? And given that I have a rottweiler and akita... do you think its more than likely that I will have problems?

Well most really good breeders are going to require you buy a kitten but expect to pay anything above say, 200-400 price range if you are looking to get some kind of "pure breed kitten" And probably much more for some breeds. İf you ever think you can afford to invest in giving a purebreed cat a good home, at least make sure you find a good and responsible breeder, who's breeding cats are healthy and live in good conditions. Also check the lineage and certification if possible. This is vital because purebreeds have a much smaller gene pool so you don't want a cat that is the product of close inbreeding.

However, if you really don't think you have that kind of budget, but really want a cat I recommend adopting from a shelter. They usually always have cats and kittens that need a good home and its usually only a donation of about 30-35 from the The Blue Cross as I found on a quick search. But I am sure there are many more.

As to if they are compatible with the dogs you already have, that depends on your dogs and the kitten you adopt. They can live together in harmony, but it takes time and supervision so that all can get used to living together. But you have to make sure your dogs will at least tolerate the cat, as you don't want them to do the unthinkable. I would suggest a strictly supervised trial if you ever bring a kitten home.
(edited 12 years ago)
Did anyone watch the woman with 700 cats?
Reply 596
I think that everyone should love cats for their look!
But they have bad characters..=(

This is my bf's cat, Maxx. He took it in about 6 months ago when it was tiny when its mum got caught into an animal trap in the neighborhood. She was taken to the vet by his neighbor and then he gave away 4 kittens of hers to the other neighbors, so I don't really know what happened to her after that though. :frown:
Reply 598
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

The song version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4&feature=fvwrel

This... if no one has seen this, I'm sure you'll laugh, and it is on subject :smile:
Original post by Kage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

The song version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4&feature=fvwrel

This... if no one has seen this, I'm sure you'll laugh, and it is on subject :smile:

See page 31. Posted twice there :p:

Latest