Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here aware of their parents reading text messages stored on their phone? I seem to recall Amazingtrade (Ian) complaining about it a while back. Is this acceptable or not? Don't your parents just have your best interests at heart?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy.)
    Is anyone here aware of their parents reading text messages stored on their phone? I seem to recall Amazingtrade (Ian) complaining about it a while back. Is this acceptable or not? Don't your parents just have your best interests at heart?
    Make a new character up, your more boring as Percy.

ReputationRep:
    what kinda strange parents reads your messages??

ReputationRep:
    This is incredibly unacceptable, my parents wouldnt dare do it. Its worse than opening my mail which they have also learnt NEVER to do. Its common courtesy not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    This is incredibly unacceptable, my parents wouldnt dare do it. Its worse than opening my mail which they have also learnt NEVER to do. Its common courtesy not to.
    agree, its just plain rude..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    But surely there is nothing on your telephone which you wouldnt want your parents to see?

ReputationRep:
    its out of order. it's not in your interests at all. if they read our messages, they might as well sit on the other phone while we're on it. Us reading their messages however...

ReputationRep:
    But surely there is nothing on your telephone which you wouldnt want your parents to see?
    that aint the point??

ReputationRep:
    My parents wouldn't, they're just not like that.

Besides, they wouldn't get the chance to as my sister is like that. So my phone is always either switched off or with me, in my pocket.

ReputationRep:
    one thing i hate is that my mum soemtimes open my bank statements envelopes to see how much money i have left!! :mad:! and she prentend to have doen it by accident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    one thing i hate is that my mum soemtimes open my bank statements envelopes to see how much money i have left!! :mad:! and she prentend to have doen it by accident!
    Good. Imagine how grateful you would be if you had a gambling problem. Or if you were spending your money on male escourts.

ReputationRep:
    Good. Imagine how grateful you would be if you had a gambling problem. Or if you were spending your money on male escourts.
    hmmm............

ReputationRep:
    I remember once talking to my boyfriend about bank statements, and he was saying that he hoped he'd get back home from uni before his bank statement arrived (the bank mucked up with the change of address thing..), so that he could read it before his mum did. I was really suprised when he said that. My parents never open my letters (except for once when my dad was expecting a letter from Sheffield and assumed that my letter with a South Yorks postmark on it was his. But he realised straightaway and put it back, without reading.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I remember once talking to my boyfriend about bank statements, and he was saying that he hoped he'd get back home from uni before his bank statement arrived (the bank mucked up with the change of address thing..), so that he could read it before his mum did. I was really suprised when he said that. My parents never open my letters (except for once when my dad was expecting a letter from Sheffield and assumed that my letter with a South Yorks postmark on it was his. But he realised straightaway and put it back, without reading.)
    thats very annoying, well you got good parents...not sure about teh bf though

ReputationRep:
    not sure about teh bf though
    Oooh err...

Well, I'm sure about him, so that's OK, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Percy you seem to be a robotic parent. Haven't you heard of something called privacy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Oooh err...

Well, I'm sure about him, so that's OK, isn't it?
    yeah only kiddin!! i am sure hes very nice... *cough*not*cough*

ReputationRep:
    Its just rude if your parents go through your texts, letters etc,
    the only thing my parents ever open are my mobile phone bills! and thats so they that can scream their heads of at me afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    the only thing my parents ever open are my mobile phone bills! and thats so they that can scream their heads of at me afterwards.
    Do your parents pay the bill? Because that's the only way that can be justifiable, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just lock your phone when not using it? (as siblings have a tendancy to have a peep).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.