Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    but what if people talk and say something explicit? maybe we should tap the phones... or maybe we should have supervision talking to other people. and heaven knows what could go on if a boy and girl were left together...

lou xxx
    They would only be left together if married, so I can have no complaint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    but what if people talk and say something explicit? maybe we should tap the phones... or maybe we should have supervision talking to other people. and heaven knows what could go on if a boy and girl were left together...

lou xxx
    hehehe... obviuosly they'll have a heated discussion about their worries with sexually explicit material through text messages

ReputationRep:
    how old are most of you lot who get your mail read/sms's checked etc? :confused:

my folks wouldn't dream of it from even when I was 13/14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy.)
    Is anyone here aware of their parents reading text messages stored on their phone? I seem to recall Amazingtrade (Ian) complaining about it a while back. Is this acceptable or not? Don't your parents just have your best interests at heart?

what r u on about. my parents wouldn't dare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    how old are most of you lot who get your mail read/sms's checked etc? :confused:

my folks wouldn't dream of it from even when I was 13/14
    I'm 17... my parents don't handle my mail, just my messages on my phone...

ReputationRep:
    What worries me is that ppl might be sending sexually explicit messages. This is an inappropriate use of modern technology.
    yes...they are....and its fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    My mother used to read all of my post and check my itemised billing. She can't work my mobile so doesn't read my texts... she still stands over me while i'm opening my post and if I get a text while she's in the same room. If I try to open it in privacy, she asks what I'm hiding and treats me some sort of criminal until I give in and let her read it. I told her that it's illegal, but as far as she's concerned, I'm her property as long as I still live in her house. Which will be at least until September, and then for uni hols and maybe for a couple of months after uni if I'm looking for a job/flat. I'm soooo tempted to ask my bf if i can move in with him!!

ReputationRep:
    It's unacceptable. It's like eavesdropping. Whether or not I have something that I don't want my parents to read on it, it's not good because it is an invasion of your privacy, and privacy is becoming less frequent, the world is turning into Big Brother nightmare. Oh, and Percy, sexually explicit material is sent over cellular technology using texts whether one likes it or not, wouldn't you rather they kept it to themselves over texts than say a explicit conversation on a bus? Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    My paretns respect my privacy, whats on my phone is my business.

ReputationRep:
    What worries me is that ppl might be sending sexually explicit messages. This is an inappropriate use of modern technology.
    Since when were sex and modern technology mutually exclusive? Don't be such a prude!

ReputationRep:
    My parents wouldn't read my text messages cos they have better things to do then find out what I've been saying to my mates and my boyf! And they only open my post when I ask them to... Like my A-Level results I was away for so my mum opened them and told me what I got when I rang home.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.