hi!

Im Killerpenguin15 :pingu:

Im currently studying Maths, Computing and Economics
    at AS level. and i am hoping to continue these three subjects to A2

personal targets/current grade

Maths: A / C/D
    Computer Science A / B/A
    Economics A / C/D

I've already asked all my teachers what i can do to improve my grades, so with maths i'm doing a lot of revision on Mymaths to help me.

With economics i've just got to practise on my weak areas and then put them to practise with past paper questions

And with Computer Science i've just got to practise my programming skills in python and go over key facts!

also, im doing an EPQ as well... so i would appreciate it if you could help me by filling out this quick questionnaire here, thank you!

Ill update my blog as often as I can, i hope this is helpful to anyone else doing the same courses as me!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Killerpenguin15)
    hi!

Im Killerpenguin15 :pingu:

Im currently studying Maths, Computing and Economics
    at AS level. and i am hoping to continue these three subjects to A2

personal targets/current grade

Maths: A / C/D
    Computer Science A / B/A
    Economics A / C/D

I've already asked all my teachers what i can do to improve my grades, so with maths i'm doing a lot of revision on Mymaths to help me.

With economics i've just got to practise on my weak areas and then put them to practise with past paper questions

And with Computer Science i've just got to practise my programming skills in python and go over key facts!

also, im doing an EPQ as well... so i would appreciate it if you could help me by filling out this quick questionnaire here, thank you!

Ill update my blog as often as I can, i hope this is helpful to anyone else doing the same courses as me!
    Hey I just thought I'd catch up with you and see how everything's going! :woo: How has the past week been? What's going well? What's still a challenge? How is your EPQ coming along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hey I just thought I'd catch up with you and see how everything's going! :woo: How has the past week been? What's going well? What's still a challenge? How is your EPQ coming along?
    Hi!

The past week has been going very well! I recently had my report back, and had been given the grades which i had been working at vs my school-set targets. I'm target grade is a C across all my subjects :^_^:, so im pretty much on target for Economics and computer science, however i'm currently at a grade D in maths so thats going to be a bit of a challenge to push up to an A grade by the time summer exams come along.

As far as the EPQ is concerned, im currently working above target at a grade B, So that has really been the highlight of my week. :woo:

Thankas for asking!

ReputationRep:
    Another update to my blog!

Barely managed to actually utilise my half term to catch up on some revision the past week but thankfully i've been making use of the specifications for computer science and economics to streamline my revision notes and also make some neat little flash cards to help me revise.

Though this next coming week I will try to revise as much as I can as I have mock exams for all my subjects so it looks like I will need to bring out a lot of past papers to prepare :ahee:

Will post again next week!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! :ahee:

Finally my mock exam week is over. I haven't really had the chance to post muh on TSR because i was so busy revising haha

Overall i feel as if most of my mock exams went really well though I think I might have completely screwed up my Maths C2 exam and slightly with my Unit 2 economics.

Only time will tell though, i recieve my mock results when I come back to school this monday :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Another update! :ahee:

Just recieved all of my mock grades back for all of my subject, they werent too impressive by anyones standards haha

Economics: unit 1: B
    unit 2: E

Computing: E

Maths: U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x
    Hello! No post in a long time from me!

3 days now until my first economics exam. Seeing as it was my best grade in my mock tests, and currently know most of the knowledge about it, I actually feel quite confident about this exam!As far as my economics unit 2 is concerned, I recently done a mock test in class, and got 39/60, which is a C grade. Again, feeling a little less confident, but this exam isn't for another week and a half, so I will just cram like crazy once my C1 exam is over.

Same can be said for my maths, which is this next wednesday. Again I have done so many past papers in C1, to a point where my highest grade is 70/72 so far! :woo: C2 has been just as good, with my highest grade being 68/72 so everything is going really well for me Now just need to reivse a ton of stats.

Now, Computing.....

Literally done no revision whatsoever for this. I havent even made revision cards for my revision yet, but the exam isn't until june 1st, so I have lots of time to create these cards and cram, cram, cram, over my one week half term break. On the brighter side though, My coursework for Computing has been handed in and I feel confident that I will get a good grade for this!My EPQ has also been handed in, so now I have had an extra couple of free periods to study over the past weeks been given positive comments on it by my supervisor, but she hasn't given me my mark yet.

Submit reply
Updated: May 9, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.