The Student Room Group

Mixed courses

I am currently in my first year of sixth form, I study Psychology, Sociology, Physical Education and Media. I am quite good at psychology and think it would be an interesting course to take at uni, however i would quite like to do something with business, and working in an office when i am older, any ideas what course to take? Much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by broce003
I am currently in my first year of sixth form, I study Psychology, Sociology, Physical Education and Media. I am quite good at psychology and think it would be an interesting course to take at uni, however i would quite like to do something with business, and working in an office when i am older, any ideas what course to take? Much appreciated.

You need to decide which area of business to focus on, as there are different bits. Do you want to do business management? Just business studies? Or any one of the other courses out there? As you're only in your first year of sixth form you do still have time to narrow things down and decide what you want to study. You might find the course finder useful, as you'll be able to see what's available and then you can find out what each one involves.
Some are
Business management and psychology at Aberdeen
Marketing and consumer psychology at Glyndwr
International business and psychology at Keele
Psychology with business entrepreneurship at Northampton
Human resource management with psychology at Portsmouth
But all i've done is gone through the list and pulled out some that look interesting - there are loads more!
If you do straight psych (well for UCL anyway) you can take a few modules outside of psych and some in psych like organisational behaviour if you can't find a mixed course.

Quick Reply

Latest