x Turn on thread page Beta

what's with these Replacement Certificate virus ads watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How can we remove them? I'm assuming they're some chain virus/Trojan where you click on them and then your account becomes infected or a 'zombie account' with the same message to spam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    How can we remove them? I'm assuming they're some chain virus/Trojan where you click on them and then your account becomes infected or a 'zombie account' with the same message to spam

Indeed, I noticed a few today with the Chat forums.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Not even that clever. They just con't advertise their ****ty fraudulent company any way on tsr except by attaching images.

Report them and they'll go. They tend to appear in pairs - 2 new accounts spamming in different forums.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

If you see them please do report so we can remove the posts and ban the accounts as mods can't be everywhere all the time and the posters seem to have gotten sneakier about where and how they post their ads. The community team are aware of the problem and doing their best to resolve it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.