Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents name their child 'Nutella'- what's the most unusual baby name you've heard? watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    "A recently-born baby named Nutella was renamed by a court in the French city of Valenciennes after a judge ruled that the parents’ decision to the name the child after a food was against the child’s interest"

So, what's the strangest name you've heard for a child?

:yum:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm..choc nut infant..

ReputationRep:
    Moon Unit Zappa

It's always going to come up in this conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I think you only have to pick up a women's weekly chat magazine to see an array of bizarre names. Coco, Blanket, Satchel, Princess, Apple, Scout, Birdie etc. I feel really sorry for those celeb babies. Good to hear common sense prevailed in your example.

ReputationRep:
    @

I don't think that the courts allowed it, though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I'm so glad for the French legal system. 'Hashtag' comes to mind but other then that I can't think of anything. Other then maybe the Renault Clio which was almost re-named after two families in the UK complained that their children (called Clio Renault) should suffer abuse due to it, which I entirely understand. Unfortunately they lost the case.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by VannR)
    @

I don't think that the courts allowed it, though.
    How is that pronounced?

I have a vague idea that a couple wanted to name their child 4real and the courts (Australia?) wouldn't allow it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Désiré :lolwut:
    (Pronounced Deseray)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Veggiechic6)
    I think you only have to pick up a women's weekly chat magazine to see an array of bizarre names. Coco, Blanket, Satchel, Princess, Apple, Scout, Birdie etc. I feel really sorry for those celeb babies. Good to hear common sense prevailed in your example.
    I once read a magazine (women's weekly type, something like Best/Bella/Women's Own/Love It) that had a regular column devoted to unusual baby names. People were always writing in with "well, I'm called Bob, and my partner is called Sally, so we called our child Bobbly!"

ReputationRep:
    Ali.

Named the child after where it was conceived:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    How is that pronounced?

I have a vague idea that a couple wanted to name their child 4real and the courts (Australia?) wouldn't allow it.
    @, pronounced 'at'. However, they insisted that the written version was the '@' sign, not just 'at'.

ReputationRep:
    I'd name mine "Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where's My Thribble"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    "A recently-born baby named Nutella was renamed by a court in the French city of Valenciennes after a judge ruled that the parents’ decision to the name the child after a food was against the child’s interest"

So, what's the strangest name you've heard for a child?

:yum:

Alucard.

Read it backwards.

ReputationRep:
    Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii. :lolwut:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    I once read a magazine (women's weekly type, something like Best/Bella/Women's Own/Love It) that had a regular column devoted to unusual baby names. People were always writing in with "well, I'm called Bob, and my partner is called Sally, so we called our child Bobbly!"
    :rofl:

This has tickled my pickle.

ReputationRep:
    The weirdest I have heard is **** Alp. No jokes!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    I'd name mine "Ramses Niblick the Third Kerplunk Kerplunk, Oops Where's My Thribble"
    This is a powerful name :yy: Bound to do well in life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    North West :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Sage Moonblood...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    North West :facepalm:
    I quite like this actually. More children should be named after compass points, it's quite lovely.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.