Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I am currently half way through my first year of a 3 year Primary Education with QTS course but would like to switch courses to a 3 year early childhood studies course.

    If I could swap the course now (halfway through first year) would my student finance continue as normal as the course fees are the same?

    If I completed this year of primary ed and started as a first year for childhood studies next year would I receive full funding for the 4 years in total and would I then continue to receive funding if I were to do a PGCE following this?

    Many thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hello Starbiscuit,

    If you are to transfer now then you would still receive full funding for the 3 year early childhood studies course.

    As long as you do not hold QTS then you will also be able to get full funding for the PGCE Initial Teacher Training.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.