Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ellie's biology adventure :D watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so this is my first of hopefully many posts. I'll try to make them as interesting as I can. So here goes. My goals are to firstly pick my grades up off the floor where they currently reside and start getting D's and C's (hopefully higher) instead of my consistent shameful U's an E and a F. Secondly I am praying that I will be able to pass my mocks which loom over me like the darkest rain cloud. Luckily my biology mock is my last exam to do which is the 2nd of March. I know I have a long way to go (and my bio coursework to handle) but I'm hoping with your support I may just scrape through and get the pass I am so desperate for.

Ellie xx

:bl:

ReputationRep:
    Are you in Year 12? Which exam board is it?

I'll encourage you ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheercaan)
    Hi guys, so this is my first of hopefully many posts. I'll try to make them as interesting as I can. So here goes. My goals are to firstly pick my grades up off the floor where they currently reside and start getting D's and C's (hopefully higher) instead of my consistent shameful U's an E and a F. Secondly I am praying that I will be able to pass my mocks which loom over me like the darkest rain cloud. Luckily my biology mock is my last exam to do which is the 2nd of March. I know I have a long way to go (and my bio coursework to handle) but I'm hoping with your support I may just scrape through and get the pass I am so desperate for.

Ellie xx

What other subjects are you taking? I am sure that with some works you will be able to achieve your goals if you work hard (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    What other subjects are you taking? I am sure that with some works you will be able to achieve your goals if you work hard (:
    I take Psychology and English

ReputationRep:
    I take Psychology and English
    Wow the complete opposite to what I do virtually! My school doesn't even offer Psychology, so I am at rather a loss with that one and I don't take the other two subjects either but I have been helping my friends revise...

For biology I suggested drawing diagrams to represent processes (on flash cards) which particularly works if you are a visual learner!

ReputationRep:
    Wow the complete opposite to what I do virtually! My school doesn't even offer Psychology, so I am at rather a loss with that one and I don't take the other two subjects either but I have been helping my friends revise...

For biology I suggested drawing diagrams to represent processes (on flash cards) which particularly works if you are a visual learner!
    That's a shame because psychology is really interesting and yeah i do need to make some sort of revision cards/notes to help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Are you in Year 12? Which exam board is it?

I'll encourage you ...
    Yeah i am year 12. I think my exam board is edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Check whch exam board because then you can find the specification (syllabus) and past papers. There are also some great websites once you know which board.

ReputationRep:
    Check whch exam board because then you can find the specification (syllabus) and past papers. There are also some great websites once you know which board.
    Okay thankyou i think doing past papers would help a lot. I'll have to have a look for these websites

ReputationRep:
    www.aqa.org.uk
    www.edexcel.org.uk
    www.ocr.org.uk

Once you find out which one I'll pass on some revision websites I found last year for some of my tutor group

ReputationRep:
    www.aqa.org.uk
    www.edexcel.org.uk
    www.ocr.org.uk

Once you find out which one I'll pass on some revision websites I found last year for some of my tutor group
    Thankyou so much

ReputationRep:
    So as my 2nd post i don't have much to write but i just thought id let you know i am awaiting some results from a bi weekly test. This test was on the plant side (Topic 4) of the edexcel AS level. I'm hoping i did well:adore: but i guess ill have to wait and see. Ill let you guys know how i did tomorrow

ellie xx

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that Sheercaan's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    So as my 2nd post i don't have much to write but i just thought id let you know i am awaiting some results from a bi weekly test. This test was on the plant side (Topic 4) of the edexcel AS level. I'm hoping i did well:adore: but i guess ill have to wait and see. Ill let you guys know how i did tomorrow

ellie xx

So i found out my results... not the best but definitely an improvement. I got a D and i was pretty damn proud of myself for that. I will shortly be starting private tutor lessons so i'll let you guys know how that is working out

ellie xx

ReputationRep:
    So its mock weeks :mad: just had my English lit exam today and i think it went pretty well. My private biology lessons are good as well my tutor is very helpful and i get along with her. I have my psych mock on Wednesday so i best get revising.
    Ellie xx

ReputationRep:
    So its mock weeks :mad: just had my English lit exam today and i think it went pretty well. My private biology lessons are good as well my tutor is very helpful and i get along with her. I have my psych mock on Wednesday so i best get revising.
    Ellie xx

Good luck for Wednesday and I hope you did well in your English Lit (:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for Wednesday and I hope you did well in your English Lit (:
    Thanks i hope i did alright i still cant believe im doing A levels haha

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.