Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is my project .

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WSKG2NN
survey for air pollution

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WKC899G survey for flood solution

Ur help and time are greatly appreciated.
jose1234
Rep:
?
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WSKG2NN

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WKC899G

guys please help me to fill in the survey, ur help and time are greatly appreciatedImage
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Filled the surveys out. They're sometimes worded quite awkwardly though... Especially the flooding one.

"6. What kinds of Flood Safe Kit you think is important?" What does this really mean? Sure, all of those things could be useful in an emergency. But are we supposed to check what we have prepared? The top 3 we think would be useful? You need to specify. Also, why is "meditation" on this list? Do you mean "medication"? If yes then doesn't that come under "first aid kit"?

"7. Do you know what to do before a flood, during a flood and after a flood? Yes No Other" I don't think many people would feel confident in their knowledge on floods, and some people may be overconfident about their abilities. A better way to ask this question might be, "7a. What steps should one take after a flood warning (pre-flood)? 7b. What should one do during a flood? 7c. What steps should one take after a flood has occurred?" as it allows people to explain what they already know - you will be able to tell if someone has correct information or not.

"8. Aftermath, what will you do when you back to your house?" This is a poor question. Do people actually know to do these things, or will they just check all the steps because they can see from context that they're the "right" answers?

"9. If you have a fund from government, what would you prefer?" Honestly would anyone prefer to get their house wrecked by floods but then get restored, rather than put up a flood barrier and not get flooded?

And for your pollution survey:

"3. What is the reason for you to live in The UK?" There's SERIOUSLY not an answer for, "I was born and raised here and have never lived anywhere else"?

"4. How long have you live in The UK?" What about people who have lived in the UK for 10, 20, 40, 80 years? Are they the same as someone who has lived in the UK for just 4 years?

"5. Are you aware that The UK is facing air pollution?" This is a poor question because a) it is leading (i.e. it leads you to say that yes, you are aware that the UK is facing air pollution) and b) it is common knowledge that some parts of the UK face air pollution. A better question might be, "Do you believe that the UK faces air pollution?" and allow people to check on a scale of 1-5 for the severity and widespreadness of the air pollution.

"9. Which way will you prefer in order to improve the air quality?" There is no option to say, "I would not change the amount of air pollution" or "I do not feel there is a need to change the amount of air pollution".

"10. Which location in your living area faces the worst air pollution? Please explain your reason." This is a confusing question and it is unclear what is meant by "living area" and "location". Is my living area my home? My village? My city? If someone lives in London, say, they might not feel that any area is necessarily worse.

Good luck with your course. Hope this helps.
jose1234
Rep:
?
Thx for your suggestion ... I'll take it in consideration

(Original post by suirrel)
Filled the surveys out. They're sometimes worded quite awkwardly though... Especially the flooding one.

"6. What kinds of Flood Safe Kit you think is important?" What does this really mean? Sure, all of those things could be useful in an emergency. But are we supposed to check what we have prepared? The top 3 we think would be useful? You need to specify. Also, why is "meditation" on this list? Do you mean "medication"? If yes then doesn't that come under "first aid kit"?

"7. Do you know what to do before a flood, during a flood and after a flood? Yes No Other" I don't think many people would feel confident in their knowledge on floods, and some people may be overconfident about their abilities. A better way to ask this question might be, "7a. What steps should one take after a flood warning (pre-flood)? 7b. What should one do during a flood? 7c. What steps should one take after a flood has occurred?" as it allows people to explain what they already know - you will be able to tell if someone has correct information or not.

"8. Aftermath, what will you do when you back to your house?" This is a poor question. Do people actually know to do these things, or will they just check all the steps because they can see from context that they're the "right" answers?

"9. If you have a fund from government, what would you prefer?" Honestly would anyone prefer to get their house wrecked by floods but then get restored, rather than put up a flood barrier and not get flooded?

And for your pollution survey:

"3. What is the reason for you to live in The UK?" There's SERIOUSLY not an answer for, "I was born and raised here and have never lived anywhere else"?

"4. How long have you live in The UK?" What about people who have lived in the UK for 10, 20, 40, 80 years? Are they the same as someone who has lived in the UK for just 4 years?

"5. Are you aware that The UK is facing air pollution?" This is a poor question because a) it is leading (i.e. it leads you to say that yes, you are aware that the UK is facing air pollution) and b) it is common knowledge that some parts of the UK face air pollution. A better question might be, "Do you believe that the UK faces air pollution?" and allow people to check on a scale of 1-5 for the severity and widespreadness of the air pollution.

"9. Which way will you prefer in order to improve the air quality?" There is no option to say, "I would not change the amount of air pollution" or "I do not feel there is a need to change the amount of air pollution".

"10. Which location in your living area faces the worst air pollution? Please explain your reason." This is a confusing question and it is unclear what is meant by "living area" and "location". Is my living area my home? My village? My city? If someone lives in London, say, they might not feel that any area is necessarily worse.

Good luck with your course. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.24%
I'm not sure (27)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.57%

Watched Threads