Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best age to meet someone and settle down? watch

I think 25 is the perfect age to meet someone and begin to settle down.. whats your thoughts TSRians?

ReputationRep:
    I always wanted to be married when I was 22, but then again, I am very old school! :P

ReputationRep:
    There's no right answer to this, just when you're ready dude...

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    There's no right answer to this, just when you're ready dude...
    Of coure there isn't Hence I put 'thought' in my question.

ReputationRep:
    27-30 after a few longer term relationships

ReputationRep:
    I will open myself to dating at the age of 28. I want to save myself for marriage so I want to date late.

(Original post by catsis)
    I will open myself to dating at the age of 28. I want to save myself for marriage so I want to date late.
    I'm doing that too but want to be marred by 26 ish..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Of coure there isn't Hence I put 'thought' in my question.
    You miss the point entirely.

There is a correct answer to the question "Will the sun rise tomorrow?", but that doesn't mena we can be sure, right now, in the present, of the correct answer. I will say to the person who asks me that that I "think" it will.

However to the question "should a government increases spending and decrease taxes?" there is no objective answer until the question is further specified. In some scenarios the answer is yes, some no.

Your question is like the latter. You must specify further before it can be answered in any meaningful way. Although I suppose the meaningful way would be to work out the average age in which it would be optimal for a person to settle. How the hell are we going to do that accurately though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)

There is a correct answer to the question "Will the sun rise tomorrow?", but that doesn't mena we can be sure, right now, in the present, of the correct answer. I will say to the person who asks me that that I "think" it will.

However to the question "should a government increases spending and decrease taxes?" there is no objective answer until the question is further specified. In some scenarios the answer is yes, some no.

Your question is like the latter. You must specify further before it can be answered in any meaningful way. Although I suppose the meaningful way would be to work out the average age in which it would be optimal for a person to settle. How the hell are we going to do that accurately though?
    :confused: I didn't think the question was so hard to answer, obviously we all know that there is no single best age to meet someone and settle down, don't think the OP was after a definitive answer just people's opinion.

No need to be so pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing that too but want to be marred by 26 ish..
    I want to truly enjoy all of my 20s. Ain't gon' catch me attached to no man at that age :smug:

(Original post by Antzlck)
    :confused: I didn't think the question was so hard to answer, obviously we all know that there is no single best age to meet someone and settle down, don't think the OP was after a definitive answer just people's opinion.

Haha seriously I was just after opinions on what people thought would be the right age (for themselves). It would be good to see different answers and stuff.. personally I ask because Im 23 and single and starting to feel nervous that I havent met anyone yet..

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

EDIT: Noooo I was beaten to it!!!

(Original post by TorpidPhil)

Dudeeeeeeeeeee I was just askinf for opinions literally.

ReputationRep:
    Dudeeeeeeeeeee I was just askinf for opinions literally.
    And this is precisely why I won't be "settling down" for many many years yet.

I'm not sure that's for the best though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)

EDIT: Noooo I was beaten to it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, it is different from everyone.
    I think personally ideal would be about 25. But life rarely goes to plan and goes along with your ideals. Before I met my boyfriend, I was very content with being single and imagined I would be single and not tied down seriously to anything for most of my 20s. The thing is, my boyfriend is 10 years older than I am. We kind of share the same ideals but there are some things that I will have to compromise on because he's older, and I don't want him have to wait another ten years until I'm ready. I didn't think I would be having children until I was 30, but already got pregnant 10 years before that ideal.

Thing I learnt, life doesn't care about your plans. Doesn't care about what age you want to be when you want to experience certain things. Life will throw it at you anyway and you'll have to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    About 28 onwards i'd say, maybe 25 onwards if you have a mature head on your shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antzlck)

No need to be so pedantic.
    My brain can't form an opinion on such things, my thought is there is no "best age", just when you wanna settle down wid somebody then you go do it, age doesn't really factor in, it feels like 2 completely unrelated things to me.

ReputationRep:
    17 pleas but I'm happy for the man out there to take his time, maybe another year or so

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.