The Student Room Group

Boyfriend slapped me? Was it Accidental? I'm unsure.

On Friday my boyfriend, of a year and I,both 17 years old. Had started arguing in the morning , we argued over the same thing at lunch. We were both irritated about the situation.I asked whether we could l talk later.
We went on a walk talked about everything and we sorted most of our problems out. We went back to his house and to his room, he was in a joking mood, I wasn't. He then decided to get dressed out of his soaking wet pants, it had been raining. He decided to act like an idiot and hit my head with his P***s. I told him to stop, so to wind me up, he tried to do it again.To get him back I touched him with my cold hands. But as he tried to slap my hand away, he slapped me across the face.

This shocked me as he'd never done this before and it left a red mark. I started crying and didn't want him near me. He was immediately apologetic and was crying about it too, He said he'd never done it before and wouldn't again. His mum knows and she told him that hes lucky I stayed with him. His Dad made sure I was okay and told me to tell him if anything ever happened like this again and would sort him out for me.
I think it was kind of an accident but its now Monday and I still feel a bit upset about the whole thing and wished it had never happened. I also can't tell anyone as they'd be angry with him.But I still feel a bit unsure.

Do you think I was over-reacting or not? and Do you think it was an accident and wont happen again?

Thank you all in advance xx
Doesn't seem like his parents think it was an accident
Impossible for me to tell if it was an accident, your description of the scenario was vague and I wasn't there to witness it. If you think it was an accident, and if it was indeed an accident then yeah I think you're over reacting a little bit. If it wasn't an accident though, not an over reaction and I would personally beak up with him if it was on purpose.
I don't understand why you're upset if you know he did it on accident. You even said he was trying to smack your hand away, it sounds like a complete over-reaction to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds like an accident to me, and I think his parents would have only reacted that way because of your reaction. You said yourself it was as he was trying to slap your hand away.

I think because of the argument and you being annoyed with each other it's made the situation a lot more tense, because you're transferring those feelings over. Would you have reacted the same if you hadn't argued? Like sure it hurt, but it definitely seemed like an accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not convinced how it can be an accident when you were crying about it
1: give him a chance if he does it again LEAVE that guy okay
Original post by Anonymous
But as he tried to slap my hand away, he slapped me across the face.

I started crying and didn't want him near me.

You said it was an accident, but then you were upset with him? Complete overreaction. I just don't understand how you acknowledge it was an accident then get so upset with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending