Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've always be ABSOLUTELY Terrible at Maths and now that you have to Get a C at GCSE or you have to do the course again at college .anyway in my YR 11 Mock I got an E and when I spoke to my maths teacher she said she thinks I could get a C if I continue to work hard and revise ( like I always do ) . My question is it possible to go from an E to a C Before the real exams in May / June

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is very possible. One person I knew from school who was awful at every subject worked really hard and ended up getting a C in maths. The key to GCSE maths is to practice and practice until you know the methods by heart. Then all the questions start to seem familiar, even if you have never seen them before. It can mean a lot of work, but it will get you the grade C, so at least it pays off.

ReputationRep:
    I went from a D to an A in about 2 months and now im doing A-level maths. So yes, i believe its possible with hard work and perseverance.

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy that got from a U to a B after doing a few weeks revision and he went to one of the worst schools in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Gcse math = piss easy.

ReputationRep:
    You pretty much need 30 marks on each maths paper for a C - 60 marks out of 200. Those two exams determine your final grade and you've got plenty of time to revise. Make sure you understand the key concepts (division methods etc). Perhaps practice some past papers with your teacher so they can identify which areas you need help in. That's what teachers are there for! Learn which revision technique is most beneficial to you and squeeze in perhaps an extra two hours of maths a week - 1 lunchtime and 1 after school. It will be really beneficial as we have over 14 weeks until our exams - that's an extra 28 hours of maths. You'll do fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore the clown who contributed around zero with the comment gcse, piss easy. Work hard and it ll be fine. If it means anything, I'm doing a level math, level 3 math, but also having to do gcse math. I find the gcse math hardest because its not real math and most of the questions are nearer to a reading/ English exam.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you located? If you're located in West or East Yorkshire, PM me and I'll help you.

ReputationRep:
    Try a website called ExamSolutions they mainly do A-Level maths but they have a sub section for GCSE. I use it for alevel.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.