Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a German student looking to apply for a spring session bachelors degree at Bocconi University and I was wondering if some of you could answer me some questions.

1. What is the application to acceptance ratio for Int. Econs & Finance and for Int. Econs & Management?
    Personally I´d preffer to apply for finance. However, I also read that there are only two classes available for finance, whereas Management has four. Although the first 3 semesters are completely identical.
    Ultimately my goal is to get into invesment banking and I´m sure both degrees will get me there. But I´d rather apply for the course it´s easier to get in to.

2. Does anyone has made experience with the Bocconi-test and what are the best ways to prepare for it?

Thanks for the comments.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im portuguese (since you are also into finance, thanks for the aid) and I am also applying to Bocconi and I have the test next week. I just wanted to say that I am also wondering how to prepare for the test and if you find something please share it with me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebastmartins)
    Hey,

Im portuguese (since you are also into finance, thanks for the aid) and I am also applying to Bocconi and I have the test next week. I just wanted to say that I am also wondering how to prepare for the test and if you find something please share it with me.

Thanks
    Hi,Sebastmartins,
    I will have the test in february at Bocconi...😀 Do you have any advice for me?And do you had any books or tests to practice for exam?Do you think it was easyer than SAT ?And can you tell me if now you are student at Bocconi ?How is there ?Thank you very much and looking forward your answer,Ruxi

(Original post by Ruxiruxi)
    Hi,Sebastmartins,
    I will have the test in february at Bocconi...😀 Do you have any advice for me?And do you had any books or tests to practice for exam?Do you think it was easyer than SAT ?And can you tell me if now you are student at Bocconi ?How is there ?Thank you very much and looking forward your answer,Ruxi
    I've recently passed the italian test for BIEF. You can find many informations on their website, the test is mainly about linguistic, mathematical and pure logic. There is also some, but not much, "real" math, where you need actual knowledge of the subject (in order of frequency: probability, expressions, properties of exponents, roots and logarithms, combinatorics and physics). And there is some "real" linguistics (text comprehension, synonyms, contraries, etymology). Practice on exercises with diagrams too, not the kind that ask you evident data, but those that you need to do many quick calculations to get the answers.
    The test is made up of 90/100 questions and you have exactly 90 minutes. You are penalised a third of a point for wrong answers, nothing for blank ones. The key for success is really about time management and choosing whether to answer or not. Oh and not messing up with the answer sheet (a small line out of place and you cover the optically sensitive blocks and are screwed, seen that happening).

In Italy we have books called Alpha Test, that are specific for each university and prepare you really well. They are written in italian, but maybe you can find something similar by looking for "aptitude tests exercises". It's really important to practice a lot because you need to be quick, and 70% of the test is logic and text comprehension for which studying stuff is useless.

Let me know if also with international applicants they put in act tricks to make you feel anxious and uncomfortable, like making you wait for more than an hour and a half in a classroom, messing up with air conditioning and giving you a hateful ink messy pen with a big tip.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    thank you so much for your kindness to answer me ! Your answer really helped me a lot! I already checked about Alpha Tests on internet ,I have similary books with aptitude test exercises .and I have already been practicing for the SAT ... I wish you good luck in everything you do and I'll let you know after the test about what I did...I hope I will not have any problems at exam to make me feel uncomfortable.....All the best,

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.