Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Living in a studio flat rather then university hall? watch

ReputationRep:
    I will be moving to Salford University in September. The thought of living among stranger for at least a year is putting me off big time. I don't drink, not much of a party type and prefer spending the nights in most of the time. In college I have many friends as I am an approachable and decent guy, I would say so at least, I like that at the end of the day I come to my own home, and if I want to plan something I can always ring them up. Does any one have the experience of living in studio flat rather then sharing flats? How did you find it? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osman Deen)
    I will be moving to Salford University in September. The thought of living among stranger for at least a year is putting me off big time. I don't drink, not much of a party type and prefer spending the nights in most of the time. In college I have many friends as I am an approachable and decent guy, I would say so at least, I like that at the end of the day I come to my own home, and if I want to plan something I can always ring them up. Does any one have the experience of living in studio flat rather then sharing flats? How did you find it? Thanks.
    It's a lot more expensive living in a studio flat than a room in a flat so you need to see if you can afford it first, student finance alone is unlikely to cover it. I haven't got any personal experience of living in a studio but I can say you will have to be able to put yourself out there - not be afraid to go up to people in lectures/seminars/labs even if they appear to be in groups already if you want to make friends and join societies. If you think you can do that and would prefer somewhere quieter and can afford it then why not.

I didn't stay in halls but in a shared place room only deal - as much as I found my independence and my own space good for someone that is quiet and like my own room - I did feel I missed out on the uni experience and atmosphere albeit not my thing! I'd say maybe give it a go and or see if you can do a short term stay and find a room only deal like I did nearby to uni. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.