Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSKB Mahs test college interview - Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview this Wednesday (28th Jan 2015) at Aylesbury college for Access to higher education - Nursing.

Iv'e never been good at maths, and got a E at GCSE, i'm ****ting a brick because iv'e been told i will have to sit a BSKB test in Maths at the interveiw and my offer will be subject to

''A completed BSKB test in English and Maths at L2''

i rang the college after getting this email and the advisor told me not to worry too much about what the email said as the test is more to see what level you are working at.

ive been doing tests on this website http://www.move-on.org.uk/ilr_php/numeracy/stage2.php

is this website good for revising and is it similar to the BSKB tests i will sit?
    i just need some advice as im worried the test will be too hard for me and i wont get into college.

ReputationRep:
    From the title page the website looks similar to the BKSB. I can't really say for sure though.

As the advisor said on the phone, it's more to see what your ability is. This is so that when the teacher comes across a topic that's particularly maths-heavy, they can concentrate on the students that they know aren't so good at maths and make sure you understand.

I think they only ask applied questions, based on everyday use of maths.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you haven't done maths in a long time, you should do a little practice. Have a look over what you covered for GCSE if you still have the textbooks etc.. If not, maybe get a GCSE textbook and start working through it a bit, even if it's just to give you reassurance.

I'm not the best case to take anecdotes from, but I took two (two years ago) and found them very easy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.