Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview at Salford this Wednesday for Child Nursing, was wondering if anyone has any advice on what they may ask? Also I've read up that there is a group discussion but only a personal interview was stated on my invitation? Does anyone know which sites are good for revising for the numeracy and literacy test as well?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielsx)
    Got my interview at Salford this Wednesday for Child Nursing, was wondering if anyone has any advice on what they may ask? Also I've read up that there is a group discussion but only a personal interview was stated on my invitation? Does anyone know which sites are good for revising for the numeracy and literacy test as well?

Thank you

Hi, good luck with your interview. I start adult nursing at Salford in March and had my interview last April!

The best website to revise is BBC Bitesize. Also AQA i think have past papers.

I dont know if children nursing interviews would be different? I suppose the principles of nursing are the same.

It may have changed but mine started with a written task followed by a maths test. Some drug calculation questions on there so might be an idea to brush up on that a bit.

The group bit was a few of us put together and given a photograph we had to discuss as a group. Try and lead the conversation but also let others speak.

The 1 to 1 wasnt bad. The usual questions, why nursing, what are your qualities etc.

My advice, research the values of the NHS and nursing. Also pay attention to what they tell you to bring to interview with you, photograph, I.D etc. A few people in my group forgot and the tutors were really annoyed!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.