Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

French course work on health help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have a course work due in for tomorrow about health. I need some starter points/ sentences in english help please

ReputationRep:
    Oh we are learning health topic now as well. But my writing controlled assessment is in 2 weeks. Sorry i cant help much but ill give you a few words and phrases even though you probably would know them already...

ce n'est pas bon pour la sante (accent on top of e) - its not good fro your health
    Sainement - healthily
    je suis en forme - im fit
    pour garder la forme - to keep fit...
    Je ne bois que de l'eau - i only drink water
    Je ne mange pas beaucoup de graisses - i dont eat much fat.
    Je pourrais faire un regime (accent on first e) - i could go on a diet
    une mousse au chocolat - chocolate mousse

Dont know if that will be much help but my advice is that you cn literally talk about yourself if you feel comfortable to do so and say everything you actually eat and whether your healthy or not. Or you could just make the entire thing up and just put phrases together i really doesnt matter. Just include lots of tenses and say how you were when you were younger and can say that because you didnt care about diet you ate a lot of junk - go into detail - say you just watched tv and did no exercise then talk in present tense and say now you realised how important it is to keep fit so now eat healthy and do lots of exercise. You can then talk in the future tense and say that you want to continue eating well and setting goals etc. If you get what i mean...
    Hopefully this was some help
    GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aty100)
    Je porrais
    I noticed you made a small typo Je pourrais*

Try to include what you used to (not) do, what you do(n't) do now and what you aim (not) to do in the future. This will help you use a variety of tenses.

ReputationRep:
    For a top grade these are some of the things you can include:
    Range of tenses including imperfect (used to) and conditional (would)
    Range of people (not just je)
    Time phrases
    Opinions/reasons
    Connectives
    Adjectives and adverbs
    *wow phrases*
    Si clauses (if .....then....)

If you need anymore help just ask, I did this piece of coursework last year (year 11) and managed to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles)
    I noticed you made a small typo Je pourrais*

Try to include what you used to (not) do, what you do(n't) do now and what you aim (not) to do in the future. This will help you use a variety of tenses.
    Oh my bad haha. Corrected

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.