Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 5ft 7, She's 5ft 9 - Do I Stand a Chance? Watch

Okay, so basically I'm hopelessly in love with this girl at uni, I absolutely adore her. But She's two inches taller than me. This wouldn't bother me, but I'm worried that she wouldn't go for a shorter guy. Could any girls on here offer any thoughts or advice on the matter at all? It would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    It's 2 inches, if she's that annoying about height she ain't worth the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    It's 2 inches, if she's that annoying about height she ain't worth the time.
    This. Depending on how well you know her just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    go for it! 2 inches really shouldn't be a problem.
    2 inches is ~5 cm, that's nothing. no literally, go get a ruler and have a look at it, it's really nothing.

I'm 5'8'' myself and wouldn't care if a guy was like 5cm shorter than me.

ReputationRep:
    What are you star signs?

ReputationRep:
    The girl I like is almost a full foot smaller than me. If we got over that, you can get over 2 inches taller!

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

Try some shoe-lifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemner01)
    The girl I like is almost a full foot smaller than me. If we got over that, you can get over 2 inches taller!
    Tends not to be quite as bad when the girl is shorter.

Still, I agree with what you're saying. A foot in height difference regardless of the gender distribution is pretty significant. 2inches really isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Tends not to be quite as bad when the girl is shorter.

Still, I agree with what you're saying. A foot in height difference regardless of the gender distribution is pretty significant. 2inches really isn't.
    While it's true that women are on average shorter than men so it's expected that the woman is shorter, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's not as bad if the woman is the short one in a ~1ft heigh difference. It can be awkward at times regardless of gender haha. I don't think a whole lot would change if I was 5'2" and she was 6'2"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemner01)
    While it's true that women are on average shorter than men so it's expected that the woman is shorter, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's not as bad if the woman is the short one in a ~1ft heigh difference. It can be awkward at time regardless of gender haha
    I bet

ReputationRep:
    Thats honestly an acceptable range to be honest, its a minuscule difference. If it was much greater(i.e she was over 6ft), that may be more uncomfortable for you given that you are bothered by a mere 2 inch difference. if you like her and she likes you, isn't that really all that matters at the end of the day. Of course you have a chance with her. Go get her

(Original post by 1501)
    go for it! 2 inches really shouldn't be a problem.
    2 inches is ~5 cm, that's nothing. no literally, go get a ruler and have a look at it, it's really nothing.

I'm 5'8'' myself and wouldn't care if a guy was like 5cm shorter than me.
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know if this has anything to do with this but I'm 12 but I'm 5 ft 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrianboi)
    Well I don't know if this has anything to do with this but I'm 12 but I'm 5 ft 8
    This thread was made 2 years ago and good for you :yy:

ReputationRep:
    this was almost 2 years ago but thanks for contributing

ReputationRep:
    i expect OP is taller nowadays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lychee627)
    This thread was made 2 years ago and good for you :yy:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    this was almost 2 years ago but thanks for contributing
    :facepalm::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    :facepalm::rofl:
    aw
    awww

ReputationRep:
    aw
    awww
    what aw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    what aw?
    Loooooooooooool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.