Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey..

So it just dawned on me that I never post anything on Facebook or anything. all my photos of me and my friends I kinda kept on IG, SC and twitter because of family on facebook..

Do people judge you socially on facebook in university and assume you're some introvert?

ReputationRep:
    People stalk your facebook that's for sure. I know, because people have admitted this to me.

Another reason not to have a Facebook, then again, how can I say that when I have spent so much time here in the last few months? :lol:

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    People stalk your facebook that's for sure. I know, because people have admitted this to me.

Another reason not to have a Facebook, then again, how can I say that when I have spent so much time here in the last few months? :lol:
    Do you mean like people in university stalk people's facebooks? I'm just not sure.. would they not form their opinions of you from actually meeting you?

ReputationRep:
    Some people may judge you, but a lot of people just won't really care! Anything goes at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you mean like people in university stalk people's facebooks? I'm just not sure.. would they not form their opinions of you from actually meeting you?
    Well everyone makes judgments off of first appearances, but tbh, university-folk are a lot less judgmental in that respect than most people - especially work colleagues.

I think the Facebook stalking might just be what some girls do when they like a guy lol. I might just know some really weird girls. I do study philosophy after all

ReputationRep:
    One of 2 black kids in my course, probably.

ReputationRep:
    Probably do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Well everyone makes judgments off of first appearances, but tbh, university-folk are a lot less judgmental in that respect than most people - especially work colleagues.

I think the Facebook stalking might just be what some girls do when they like a guy lol. I might just know some really weird girls. I do study philosophy after all
    I facebook stalk basically everyone I know, crush or not, male or female. You have to be aware that it paints far from the whole picture, but it's quite a good way to get to know people if you aren't very good at small talk.

Some people will, some people wont. In general, most people will form some sort of opinion of you. Even if facebook/social media didn't exist, people would still judge you based on other factors. Why care? You'll meet lots of people in your life and if the judgmental ones weed themselves out by not talking to you, well that has made your life much easier

ReputationRep:
    You can choose who sees your photos on fb.

ReputationRep:
    If they do from that then that's a problem with them. In Facebook you can control who sees your content with the privacy settings as well

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter what strangers think of you. The older you get, the more you get wise to that. Just associate with the right people and don't think too much about your social standing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.