Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people use the term 'meat' to describe fat when talking about fat people? watch

ReputationRep:
    E.g if justifying having a fatter partner, why do some people say stuff like 'i prefer women with some meat on their bones'

Meat = muscle, not fat. I don't get it...

ReputationRep:
    Meat doesn't just mean muscle it can just be flesh plus its just a saying eg don't throw stones in a glass house, why the hell would you do that??? or cutting your nose off to spite your face haha

ReputationRep:
    Coz it sounds better and having some meat on your bones doesn't make you fat.

ReputationRep:
    I just call fat people fat. Now I'm going to wait and see how many people accuse me of fat shaming.

ReputationRep:
    It's a euphemism that chubby chasers use to justify their fetish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    I just call fat people fat. Now I'm going to wait and see how many people accuse me of fat shaming.

No such thing as fat shaming.
    Yes women are meant to curves but there is nothing sexy about unnaturalness,nothing sexy about being fat.
    No such thing as bbws back in the day

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.