Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could a French speaking person please check this short paragraph? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Removed by users request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperClumsyLiam)
    Please check this French paragraph for spelling, grammar and general sense! I will be eternally grateful!

Je ne pouvais pas attendre de aller une petite île qui s'appelle Nessebar pour un jour. On est arrivé en bateau mais je ne supporte pas des bateau comme j'ai mal de mer. Il y a grande vague alors le bateau était balancement. Heureusement la journée ne pas depuis un longtemps et nous sommes arrivé en demi-heure. Nous avons attendre avant on a mangé pour approximativement un demi-heures ce qui n'était pas assez long considerant que quelqu'on m'a dit que ils attendu depuis deux heures.

Once again, thank you very much.
    d'aller à la petite île qui s'appelle...

On est arrivés

On a voyagé en bateau

Je ne supporte pas les bateaux

I would advise you to use Parce que instead of Comme

I'll edit with more corrections in a minute

ReputationRep:
    Please check this French paragraph for spelling, grammar and general sense! I will be eternally grateful!

Je ne pouvais pas attendre de aller une petite île qui s'appelle Nessebar pour un jour. On est arrivé en bateau mais je ne supporte pas des bateau comme j'ai mal de mer. Il y a grande vague alors le bateau était balancement. Heureusement la journée ne pas depuis un longtemps et nous sommes arrivé en demi-heure. Nous avons attendre avant on a mangé pour approximativement un demi-heures ce qui n'était pas assez long considerant que quelqu'on m'a dit que ils attendu depuis deux heures.

Il y avait de grandes vagues qui ont causé le balancement du bateau

Heureusement, le voyage n'a pas duré un longtemps et nous sommes arrivés après une demi-heure.

Nous avons dû attendre environ une demi-heure avant nous avons mangé. Ce n'était pas trop longtemps considérant que quelqu'un m'a dit qu'on a attendu deux heures.

ReputationRep:

Hi it seems like an okay paragraph but there are some mistakes, mainly :

“bâteau” has a circumflex over the first ‘a’.

If ‘de’ is followed by a word beginning with a vowel, a ‘y’ or a ‘h’, generally it is contracted to (for example) ‘d’aller’.

‘comme’ means ‘like’. Where you said about you having sea-sickness, use ‘car’ or ‘parce que’.
    Remember that, unlike some other languages, French nouns need to have their appropriate article in front of them (il y avait des grandes vagues).

‘Balancement’ is a noun, but you have used it as a verb. I would swap it to ‘le bâteau s’est balancé’, which also demonstrates your use of a reflexive verb.

If you’re talking about ‘nous’, ‘vous’ or ‘ils/elles’, the past participle ends on an ‘-s’.

Remember to conjugate all verbs – nous avons attendre -> nous avons attendu

Instead of ‘considerant que’ I would suggest using ‘étant donné que’.

But I think it has good content and a good range of vocabulary well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe C-S)
    Hi it seems like an okay paragraph but there are some mistakes, mainly :

“bâteau” has a circumflex over the first ‘a’.

If ‘de’ is followed by a word beginning with a vowel, a ‘y’ or a ‘h’, generally it is contracted to (for example) ‘d’aller’.

‘comme’ means ‘like’. Where you said about you having sea-sickness, use ‘car’ or ‘parce que’.
    Remember that, unlike some other languages, French nouns need to have their appropriate article in front of them (il y avait des grandes vagues).

‘Balancement’ is a noun, but you have used it as a verb. I would swap it to ‘le bâteau s’est balancé’, which also demonstrates your use of a reflexive verb.

If you’re talking about ‘nous’, ‘vous’ or ‘ils/elles’, the past participle ends on an ‘-s’.

Remember to conjugate all verbs – nous avons attendre -> nous avons attendu

Instead of ‘considerant que’ I would suggest using ‘étant donné que’.

But I think it has good content and a good range of vocabulary well done!
    Bateau needs an â?
    http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/boat
    http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dic...sh-french/boat

And other than making a typo (Il y avait des, instead of what I put Il y avait de), I think I covered the rest of what you wrote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles)
    Bateau needs an â?
    http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/boat
    http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dic...sh-french/boat

And other than making a typo (Il y avait des, instead of what I put Il y avait de), I think I covered the rest of what you wrote
    I'm really sorry about that I've always spelt it with a circumflex! Perhaps I was thinking of 'château', but either way I won't be making that mistake again. Thank you And the other ones, apart from the couple of spelling mistakes, were only suggestions, like 'étant donné que'. I said that because, to me, it sounds better but that's just me. In all honesty 'considerant que' makes sense as well . But now that I spelt 'bateau' wrong I'll check over everything else I am sorry about that again But as I said it has a good amount of content and it has a good use of vocabulary. You've used many tenses as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe C-S)
    I'm really sorry about that I've always spelt it with a circumflex! Perhaps I was thinking of 'château', but either way I won't be making that mistake again. Thank you And the other ones, apart from the couple of spelling mistakes, were only suggestions, like 'étant donné que'. I said that because, to me, it sounds better but that's just me. In all honesty 'considerant que' makes sense as well . But now that I spelt 'bateau' wrong I'll check over everything else I am sorry about that again But as I said it has a good amount of content and it has a good use of vocabulary. You've used many tenses as well
    tout le monde fait des erreurs surtout moi!

hope the both of us have helped OP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.