Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ies-tv-debates

Now he's saying the North Ireland parties should be included as well, backing away from Grant Shapps indication that he would take part, and refusing to give any definitive answer

ReputationRep:
    He's right to be fair, it's the Greens and Plaid that really should not be there (logic being that neither looks like doing better than 4th).

But alas, it's all playing politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    He's right to be fair, it's the Greens and Plaid that really should not be there (logic being that neither looks like doing better than 4th).

You mean a party with more members than part of the current government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    You mean a party with more members than part of the current government?
    Right now, members has not translated to vote.

My preferred debate would be Tory-Labour-DUP-Sinn Fein-SNP on the grounds that these parties are comfortably first and second. If we must include third then we add Ukip and the SDLP as things stand (though the SDLP take the Labour whip anyway).

That being said i don't really care personally. The only debate i want to see is the one that matters.. Cameron vs Miliband. If that means we need a 10 party before or whatever then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, David...

#InviteTheGreens

They're more popular than the Lib Dems. The Greens should be invited, and in the regional ones, make no mistake, Plaid will decide the result of the Welsh result. If they do well enough, Labour could be in trouble, in Wales and in the UK.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Right now, members has not translated to vote.

My preferred debate would be Tory-Labour-DUP-Sinn Fein-SNP on the grounds that these parties are comfortably first and second. If we must include third then we add Ukip and the SDLP as things stand (though the SDLP take the Labour whip anyway).

That being said i don't really care personally. The only debate i want to see is the one that matters.. Cameron vs Miliband. If that means we need a 10 party before or whatever then so be it.
    If number of members doesn't count, why UKIP over the Greens - Does the one extra MP (who is really a tory) make a vast amount of difference?

We will get numerous debates between the parties not all of the parties will be in them all, but they're still sorting the details out.

Personally whatever your political persuasion, its great to see so many parties being talked about - even UKIP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Come on, David...

#InviteTheGreens

They're more popular than the Lib Dems. The Greens should be invited, and in the regional ones, make no mistake, Plaid will decide the result of the Welsh result. If they do well enough, Labour could be in trouble, in Wales and in the UK.
    Average polling still has the Liberals 1% ahead, but at any rate they are fighting for 4th and 5th.

Welsh polling suggests that Plaid won't even beat Ukip.

(Original post by Izzyeviel)
    If number of members doesn't count, why UKIP over the Greens - Does the one extra MP (who is really a tory) make a vast amount of difference?

We will get numerous debates between the parties not all of the parties will be in them all, but they're still sorting the details out.

Personally whatever your political persuasion, its great to see so many parties being talked about - even UKIP!
    I purely went by average polling but if we go by seats then the Liberals will still have 20-40 so they'd replace the kippers.

True but right now it looks like at least 9 could be included and they all want to be on stage with the big parties. Dam OFCOM.

Meh, i'll largely base my vote on the manifesto's and what i already know. I'll be voting Tory most likely given that Ed seems to be leaning left.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.