Poll: Who shall be elected Secretary General?
Nigel Farage MEP (11)
68.75%
RON (5)
31.25%
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It's time to elect our new Secretary General.

We have received one manifesto, plus RON.

Please take time to read this, and use the 2 day Q&A session to ask lots of questions.
We will then proceed with a 5 day vote.

Nigel Farage MEPHi,

I thought I would nominate myself for the SG position opening up. Here is my manifesto. These things are really difficult to write.

NIGEL

"United as one with a common goal to enable the future's leaders to craft tomorrow's today in harmony."

I will continue the work of Birchington by:

1. Abolishing the user-group requirement to join the MUN.

2. Separating the polls on topics to give clarity to what is going on. This isn’t major but I like things to be tidy and having polls mixed up with votes and discussions confuses me.

3. Using polls to grab interest from the winder Debate and Current Affairs forum. We look when we see a thread title that sounds interesting.

4. Aim to encourage more personal posting moving away from the rigid country lines. We all have something we would do differently in the world. Let us express the things we would like to see done differently.

5. Trying to map the opinionated terrain. Answers to polls help construct an image of how people think, what they believe, and depending on the number of responses, what they are interested in. When I know this the content can be tailored to suit the highest number of interests giving birth to even more activity.

6. Forum games. I have pondered this idea for a while and while they work on some forums, I’m not sure if about the MUN unless it is a general knowledge geography game might

I am always active but if a day goes by where I haven’t posted, fell free to send me a message, no matter how rude it is, giving me a kick up the backside.
“If you build it, they will come”
It should be ‘he will come’ but the misquote works better in this case

I believe in decisiveness, empathy, accountability, optimism, honesty, and drive. I want to be a servant of the people to make sure the MUN achieves its potential.

RON

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
Good luck!
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If Nigel gets in it would seen that he would have no deputy. Show will you cope with this and improve activity?
Birchington
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
If Nigel gets in it would seen that he would have no deputy. Show will you cope with this and improve activity?
Presumably a deputy would be elected immediately after, as before?
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would like to add that Nigel is the deputy leader of the UKIP party in the model house of commons here on TSR and easily could be a future.

Nigel's leadership skills and determination is second to none and I can see a very bright future under Nigel's leadership here at the MUN
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm surprised I'm the only one. Thanks, Adam
McRite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol one candidate, really shows how daunting the responsibility of being SG is. It's time to try some radical reforms and even though Birch did the best he can, maybe destroying the old and building from scratch may be the MUN saviour, so I believe you can do this Nigel.
Fernand126
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can only second all adam has said.
No words but "absolutely top-notch" for Nigel.
Plus, RON is scary.
Spandy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fernand126)
I can only second all adam has said.
No words but "absolutely top-notch" for Nigel.
Plus, RON is scary.
Well, I'll 'third' adam's views.
Birchington
Rep:
?
Nigel Farage MEP is duly elected as our 17th Secretary General.

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
x
Congratulations!
Spandy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations, Nigel!
McRite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:clap2::clap2:
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! I look forward to giving the role my all. If things have not completely turned around within 3 months I would have failed.
Birchington
Rep:
?
The MUN is in safe hands. I have every confidence Nigel will do what it takes to drive up standards and activity - good luck!
Fernand126
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Awesome, this couldn't have been better.
Go Nigel, congratulations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (277)
65.8%
No (144)
34.2%

Watched Threads