Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. First a short introduction:
    I'm Suzy, I'm 16 (almost 17). In my free time, I watch a lot of random videos on YouTube, watch a bit of anime (legend of korra being the most recent one xD), read a lot and write a bit. Basically, I do whatever I can be bothered to do xD
    I'm an aspiring medic (Cambridge, fingers crossed!), but I have a bit of a problem in that I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to schoolwork. I spend 99% of my time procrastinating/daydreaming.

Current academic profile:
    GCSE: 11A*s, 1B (don't ask me, I have no idea how).
    Subjects being studied at AS: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. (I'm doing maths AS and A2 this year, FM AS and A2 next year).

Mock grades:
    Biology- 84% (A*)
    Chemistry- 92% (A*)
    Physics- 79% (1% off an A*!)
    Maths C3- 74% (B). Maths didn't go well at all, but the year's average was quite low anyways, around a D/E.

Targets:
    1) to get biology grades up to high 90s
    2) to get chemistry up to high 90s.
    3) to get physics up to 90%
    4) to get maths to above 85%

Basically, I feel that posting what I'm doing on here should help me actually start doing some work during the months coming up to AS exams. The lack of proper effort I put into my mocks was ridiculous, I really need to work on that.
    Thanks for reading this, and watch out for my daily update!

ReputationRep:
    Update 1: I spent quite a bit of time this weekend going through the biology A2 textbook in preparation for the biology Olympiad, which I did today. It went okay I think, hoping for a silver (fingers crossed!)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    x
    Good luck! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GL Suzy +

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise, Suzy?

It certainly seems to be working. Do you make notes? Any particular revision techniques you use?

Good luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmmcookies)
    Your first aim should be to get laid tbh..
    Don't worry, I've got that covered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Good luck! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    GL Suzy +
    Thanks you guys!

(Original post by Comeback)
    How do you revise, Suzy?

It certainly seems to be working. Do you make notes? Any particular revision techniques you use?

Good luck with everything.
    I basically just read my textbook, make notes then go through the notes highlighting them and reciting/rewriting key bits

ReputationRep:
    I'm Suzy, I'm 16 (almost 17). In my free time, I watch a lot of random videos on YouTube, watch a bit of anime (legend of korra being the most recent one xD), read a lot and write a bit. Basically, I do whatever I can be bothered to do xD
    I'm an aspiring medic (Cambridge, fingers crossed!), but I have a bit of a problem in that I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to schoolwork. I spend 99% of my time procrastinating/daydreaming.

Subjects being studied at AS: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. (I'm doing maths AS and A2 this year, FM AS and A2 next year).

Mock grades:
    Biology- 84% (A*)
    Chemistry- 92% (A*)
    Maths C3- 74% (B). Maths didn't go well at all, but the year's average was quite low anyways, around a D/E.

Targets:

Basically, I feel that posting what I'm doing on here should help me actually start doing some work during the months coming up to AS exams. The lack of proper effort I put into my mocks was ridiculous, I really need to work on that.
    I just popped by,when I saw aspiring medic,haha. I am aiming for medic too,but I am an international student,from Singapore.

I have completed the Cambridge-Singapore GCE A levels equivalent,now waiting for my results.
    I took only Physics/Chem/Maths at the A2 level equivalent and AS history equivalent.
    Didn't get a chance to take biology,as our country abolished the triple science stream,that you are currently taking now,so as to include one compulsory humanities subject of study.

I am probably going to take IGCSE biology possibly next year(we have compulsory 2 years of National Service in the army here ),with a buddy over here for personal interest. It wouldn't count to medicine admission,but will be better if possible . Can't take International A levels biology due to no alternative practical assessment,lol.

Whilst I look at those scores,I recalled of our country's scoring system for A level curriculum.
    For curiosity sake,I shall tell you guys:
    We have no A* over here,A is the best possible grade,followed by B.
    Practical included
    Biology>~75%
    Chemistry>~77%
    Physics>~75%
    Maths> ~80%

I think our exams are really tough,if you will to place a measuring scale,I daresay it will be harder than the International A levels. However,you may be wondering why I didn't take my country's A level biology as a single subject for interest. Again,my country has a weird policy that you must sign up for 5 subjects and take it together,in order to receive a full certificate. What a waste of money and time? So,we decided that it's best we(my friend and I) did IGCSE biology
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that thechemistress's grades have been verified!
    :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I know I said I'd be updating daily, but I completely forgot!
    Progress this week has not been good... In fact, I'd say I've probably regressed to be honest. This last week has been quite hectic and busy, so I haven't had time to start work or do any homework really :/ Facebook isn't helping either, I keep getting distracted!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Suzy ^^
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Mock grades:
    Biology- 84% (A*)
    Chemistry- 92% (A*)

Targets:

Just curious- why are you claiming to have A*'s at 80-85%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Just curious- why are you claiming to have A*'s at 80-85%?
    I'm at AS, so an A* technically doesn't exist. Therefore my school differentiates between an A and a high A using an A* grade to represent the high A. Generally, the boundary for an A* is ~ 83%.
    Also, I can't 'claim' to have anything. To start a blog you have to send in a picture of your grades, official-looking etc. My grades have been verified by the mods as I sent in a picture of my mock results card, so if you're trying to insinuate that I'm lying about my grades, then you'd be incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    Update for today: Finally getting on top of work after a hectic week. I've finished my maths coursework (finally!), so I can start revision next week!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome You did really well in the mocks, bit more revision and you'll meet your goals!

ReputationRep:
    I'm at AS, so an A* technically doesn't exist. Therefore my school differentiates between an A and a high A using an A* grade to represent the high A. Generally, the boundary for an A* is ~ 83%.
    Also, I can't 'claim' to have anything. To start a blog you have to send in a picture of your grades, official-looking etc. My grades have been verified by the mods as I sent in a picture of my mock results card, so if you're trying to insinuate that I'm lying about my grades, then you'd be incorrect.
    I think you may have misinterpreted me, I apologise if I came across rude. I was merely curious as to how your grades are at A*'s when in my college I'm consistently getting 88%+ and only getting A's and yes, I am aware of the grading system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I think you may have misinterpreted me, I apologise if I came across rude. I was merely curious as to how your grades are at A*'s when in my college I'm consistently getting 88%+ and only getting A's and yes, I am aware of the grading system.
    Are you sure?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3131767
    I don't think a B is 88%+
    Plus it might be to do with the fact that I do all science and maths subjects, whilst you do none. Please can we take this off my 'grow your grades' thread now? If you want to continue this conversation, VM me. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, nice Suzy. Wish I could procrastinate 99% of the time and get that good AS results.
    Best of luck with the real thing!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I've got that covered
    Look no further ma'lady:wink:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.