Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I have a BA in Philosophy from a respected university. If I wanted to do medicine as a postgraduate degree, would I have to go back to school and do physics and chemistry A-level? I did biology at A-level, my only science A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpjm37)
    Hey everyone.

I have a BA in Philosophy from a respected university. If I wanted to do medicine as a postgraduate degree, would I have to go back to school and do physics and chemistry A-level? I did biology at A-level, my only science A-level.
    If you have a 2.i you would be considered. You need to do the work experience and voluntary work thing and UKCAT or BMAT depending on the university. Some of the med schools might ask you for A level chemistry because of your lack of science. Some will be happy with an A in Biology and other will not care. You need to contact or look up each one to see their requirements for graduates

ReputationRep:
    Best bet would be to look at doing the GAMSAT entry exam and applying to Notts, St George's or Swansea. Notts and George's consider 2.2 as well but you need a higher pass mark in GAMSAT.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.