Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll try to make this as short as possible
    I am currently doing a degree in maths in a university I don't like , I want to change uni and course but I feel so stressed about it , I used to be really sure about changing it but now I just have this huge doubts like what if maths were my way and I am messing it up just because I don't like the uni , or it could be due to my OCD which gets me obsessed to everything. I feel so clueless right now. I really need to hear from similar experiences because I know I am uninterested in this degree but at the same time I can't stop obsessing that my dislike may be just some form of laziness , unflexibility

I haven't personally had to go through anything like this but my brother has and we're very close, so I could almost feel what he was feeling. He just started Uni and he wasn't really sure of the location or course he was going for. After a week or so, he wanted to quit. He really wanted to just give up and try somewhere else doing something else. But, he kept at it and now he is really happy doing the course. He's found things to motivate himself, he's made friends that encourage him to keep going and he's been making the course enjoyable for himself. I think you need to sit down and have a serious think about what you want to do with your life and where you want to go. I know it sounds cliche, but you just need to find a way to enjoy it. If you still think you don't want to do the course, look for something else. Keep your options open. Don't feel like you have to stay there just because you are there. There are always other places to go and courses to take. My advice is to find what you want to do and do it. Find where you want to go and go. I hope it all works out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.