Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I get rid of he disgusting/dirty feeling after sexual assault? watch

ReputationRep:
    Please don't tell me to report it or anything, basically this guy who was supposed to be my friend took advantage of me while I was in a vulnerable position, all I want to know is how to get rid of this dirty tarnished gross feeling I have all the time now, it's even a few months and I still feel disgusting because of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about what happened to you.

I'm fortunate never to have been in your position, but here are a few things that I hope might help:
    - therapy/counselling - letting it all out to a professional can be really helpful to some people, and they might be able to teach you coping strategies for when you're feeling particularly bad
    - 'reclaiming' your body - go to the gym, get a tattoo, piercing, even just get a new haircut, and remember that it's your body that you can do whatever you like with.
    - try posting in the Mental Health Support Society on here - we've got a few members who sadly know exactly what you're going through
    - talk to friends/family, they might be able to help you come to terms with what happened, or help you move on.

ReputationRep:
    I'll add as well that time makes it easier, a few months is not very long at all to expect yourself to be 'over' something so traumatic, give yourself some time and TLC and you will get there

ReputationRep:
    It's been almost 10 years since my sexual assault I was 12 years old I wouldn't say I'm over it just I have moved on, I dont feel disgusting really but I been with my fiance for 4 years and I'm funny about him touching my parts sometimes. anyway pm me if you need to talk!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.