Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was wondering how other people cope at uni?
    Even in first year, doing three 20 credit (200 hours) courses is 600 hours, usually over a period of about three months (not including exam time/revision weeks) - so about 50 hours a week.

How does everyone manage this? Do you actually put 50 hours in? I can barely motivate myself up to 20 hours some weeks, but last week my method was 9 am - 8 pm (including procrastination time) and I felt like a total robot! I'm not coping well at all ._. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    dying

dying so bad

especially as i see my boyfriend at weekends , so i take two days off a week , plus i have a job (10 hours). i worked from 10pm-4am yesterday , and today i've worked for seven hours. thats a pretty typical day for me , and that doesn't include lectures or tutorials (2 hours of lectures every day except wednesday and two hours of tutorials a week , plus an extra three hour session for the hispanic section of my course).

it's just absolutely impossible , and yet a lot of people seem to just do absolutely no work and think it's perfectly fine to sponge off me because i do

ReputationRep:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V5W5KN2 could you please help me to fill this up, ur help and time are greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotliketea)
    dying

dying so bad

especially as i see my boyfriend at weekends , so i take two days off a week , plus i have a job (10 hours). i worked from 10pm-4am yesterday , and today i've worked for seven hours. thats a pretty typical day for me , and that doesn't include lectures or tutorials (2 hours of lectures every day except wednesday and two hours of tutorials a week , plus an extra three hour session for the hispanic section of my course).

it's just absolutely impossible , and yet a lot of people seem to just do absolutely no work and think it's perfectly fine to sponge off me because i do
    Yeah, I have no idea how other people do it! You have so much work

I usually have two lectures a day, with two tutorials a week and four hours of labs, plus all the research time that comes with a science course >.> Putting it like that it doesn't sound like a lot, but when it takes me 3-4 hours to go over a single lecture...yeah.

I don't have a job but I'm trying to get one. I take every second weekend off to visit my parents which means I miss Friday afternoons and Monday mornings and have to catch up :/

If first year is like this I can only imagine third year ;_;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose1234)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V5W5KN2 could you please help me to fill this up, ur help and time are greatly appreciated.
    Done it ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koyo)
    Yeah, I have no idea how other people do it! You have so much work

I usually have two lectures a day, with two tutorials a week and four hours of labs, plus all the research time that comes with a science course >.> Putting it like that it doesn't sound like a lot, but when it takes me 3-4 hours to go over a single lecture...yeah.

I don't have a job but I'm trying to get one. I take every second weekend off to visit my parents which means I miss Friday afternoons and Monday mornings and have to catch up :/

If first year is like this I can only imagine third year ;_;
    it's so bad >.< plus my mum is so needy so she's always like "when are you coming back to see us!" and it's hard to say no because my home is half an hour outside of london , which is where i'm studying

i just legit don't understand how other people on my course can be so ignorant of it all , they're constantly like "COME OUT WITH US AND GET DRUNK AND BE UNABLE TO WAKE UP UNTIL 2PM THE FOLLOWING DAY AND MISS THE LECTURE" like how are you doing that i get up at 8/9 every single day , no matter when i go to bed

i guess we're just nerds haha , it's nice to know there's someone else out there feeling the same though <3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.