Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional offer from leeds for english and history (gap year student so I akready have my grades) and im waiting to hear back from queen Mary's, but Im expecting and unconditional offer from there too. I don't know which one to pick! I'm yet to visit queen mary, so that should be a factor. However ive heard that the area is quite bad, and even though it's in the russel group, it's not as well regarded as leeds. The fact that they have really low entry requirements during clearing is also putting me off. However their course is mainly coursework, which I find much less stressful, whereas leeds is 30ish% 1st and 3rd year, and 66% 2nd year!!! :eek: I feel for the sake of my degree grade I should go to Queen mary, but overall I prefer leeds.

lol sorry for the massive paragraph, but help please

ReputationRep:
    Leeds isn't all amazing and has its grubby areas too. Don't let the entry requirements put you off; if it's the right course for you then that should be more important. However, I'd say wait til you visit Queen Mary, cos you may love it more than Leeds but you just don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Leeds isn't all amazing and has its grubby areas too. Don't let the entry requirements put you off; if it's the right course for you then that should be more important. However, I'd say wait til you visit Queen Mary, cos you may love it more than Leeds but you just don't know
    Mmm I'm waiting until I visit QM before I firm anything. The only thing that's realky swaying me is the year abroad programme at leeds is so much better. What uni do you go to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.