The Student Room Group

I seem to lust too much over girls & get easily attached atm, help!

I think the main reason is that I'm 23 & basically have hardly any experience of them socially (family don't count), never done anything physical etc. So now when I see them I tend to notice how attractive some of them are, but I don't really know that many in person.

I've had a few crushes on some that I knew but I found it hard to stop thinking about them. What can I do to control this, get a GF? Just try & avoid the opposite sex altogether? I feel a bit embarrassed about this :redface: I appreciate any decent words by the way :tongue:
Hello Friend

I understand u
Just be chilled
If she likes u she will show you somehow
Use your head!!!!!!!
Or you will be alone

LOl

bye/
Reply 2
Try not to be too dazzled by the way girls look. Majority of them are just ordinary people so there's no reason to put them on a pedestal, in fact a lot of them make such an effort with their appearance precisely because they're insecure. So try to just treat them as people rather than other worldly creatures. Get to know a few and make friends hopefully in time you'll see that they're not just one homogenous group of beauties and you'll realise you don't fancy every single one of them and it's okay to try and become more than friends with one and have some as friends :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Like poster above says, stop putting them on a pedestal. Is there anything that you can focus on to keep your mind off women? e.g. fitness, career, hobby, etc. If not... pick one.
Find something that makes you think, "I have better things to do". :lol:
Original post by Ebony19
Try not to be too dazzled by the way girls look. Majority of them are just ordinary people so there's no reason to put them on a pedestal, in fact a lot of them make such an effort with their appearance precisely because they're insecure. So try to just treat them as people rather than other worldly creatures. Get to know a few and make friends hopefully in time you'll see that they're not just one homogenous group of beauties and you'll realise you don't fancy every single one of them and it's okay to try and become more than friends with one and have some as friends :smile:

Repped, couldn't have put it better myself.
Hahahah, exactly the same here, this is normal don't worry. Happens to all men. Sexual frustration is a terrible thing, just try not to let it control your life man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It's true that some of the most pretty girls are the most insecure.

My advice would be to try and get to know them as friends and then you'll see beyond how they look.
I know it can be intimidating, but believe me, they get intimidated too..not everyone is as confident as they appear. And just because they look attractive, doesn't mean they know it.

Definitely don't avoid them completely, you'll make it even harder for yourself in the future!

good luck :smile:
Original post by Ebony19
Thanks, I don't many girls in person. There's probably only two that I find attractive though, one that I knew since Primary School & one at work. I don't think they're higher than me but well, some are really are pretty when I see them outside, I just end up not talking to a lot to them & just don't know how to make friends with them. I mean it takes time :s-smilie:
I get too easily attached :P (sorry, not exactly a helpful response haha).
Reply 9
Original post by Multitalented me
I think the main reason is that I'm 23 & basically have hardly any experience of them socially (family don't count), never done anything physical etc. So now when I see them I tend to notice how attractive some of them are, but I don't really know that many in person.

I've had a few crushes on some that I knew but I found it hard to stop thinking about them. What can I do to control this, get a GF? Just try & avoid the opposite sex altogether? I feel a bit embarrassed about this :redface: I appreciate any decent words by the way :tongue:

You need to remember to take it slow buddy and not get carried away keep yourself in check!

Also your rapid attachment could point towards something that is missing within yourself... Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you must fill those gaps yourself.

I'm having to do it myself I got attached to guys quickly especially after I have slept with them so my solution is to hold out on sex and intimacy until I have established a real connection not an imagined one. And also been exploring my childhood issues linking back to never feeling loved enough, wanting to be beautiful and accepted etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending