Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I seem to lust too much over girls & get easily attached atm, help! watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the main reason is that I'm 23 & basically have hardly any experience of them socially (family don't count), never done anything physical etc. So now when I see them I tend to notice how attractive some of them are, but I don't really know that many in person.

I've had a few crushes on some that I knew but I found it hard to stop thinking about them. What can I do to control this, get a GF? Just try & avoid the opposite sex altogether? I feel a bit embarrassed about this I appreciate any decent words by the way

ReputationRep:
    Hello Friend

I understand u
    Just be chilled
    If she likes u she will show you somehow
    Use your head!!!!!!!
    Or you will be alone

LOl

bye/

ReputationRep:
    Try not to be too dazzled by the way girls look. Majority of them are just ordinary people so there's no reason to put them on a pedestal, in fact a lot of them make such an effort with their appearance precisely because they're insecure. So try to just treat them as people rather than other worldly creatures. Get to know a few and make friends hopefully in time you'll see that they're not just one homogenous group of beauties and you'll realise you don't fancy every single one of them and it's okay to try and become more than friends with one and have some as friends

ReputationRep:
    Like poster above says, stop putting them on a pedestal. Is there anything that you can focus on to keep your mind off women? e.g. fitness, career, hobby, etc. If not... pick one.
    Find something that makes you think, "I have better things to do". :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Try not to be too dazzled by the way girls look. Majority of them are just ordinary people so there's no reason to put them on a pedestal, in fact a lot of them make such an effort with their appearance precisely because they're insecure. So try to just treat them as people rather than other worldly creatures. Get to know a few and make friends hopefully in time you'll see that they're not just one homogenous group of beauties and you'll realise you don't fancy every single one of them and it's okay to try and become more than friends with one and have some as friends
    Repped, couldn't have put it better myself.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah, exactly the same here, this is normal don't worry. Happens to all men. Sexual frustration is a terrible thing, just try not to let it control your life man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's true that some of the most pretty girls are the most insecure.

My advice would be to try and get to know them as friends and then you'll see beyond how they look.
    I know it can be intimidating, but believe me, they get intimidated too..not everyone is as confident as they appear. And just because they look attractive, doesn't mean they know it.

Definitely don't avoid them completely, you'll make it even harder for yourself in the future!

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Thanks, I don't many girls in person. There's probably only two that I find attractive though, one that I knew since Primary School & one at work. I don't think they're higher than me but well, some are really are pretty when I see them outside, I just end up not talking to a lot to them & just don't know how to make friends with them. I mean it takes time

ReputationRep:
    I get too easily attached :P (sorry, not exactly a helpful response haha).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I think the main reason is that I'm 23 & basically have hardly any experience of them socially (family don't count), never done anything physical etc. So now when I see them I tend to notice how attractive some of them are, but I don't really know that many in person.

I've had a few crushes on some that I knew but I found it hard to stop thinking about them. What can I do to control this, get a GF? Just try & avoid the opposite sex altogether? I feel a bit embarrassed about this I appreciate any decent words by the way
    You need to remember to take it slow buddy and not get carried away keep yourself in check!

Also your rapid attachment could point towards something that is missing within yourself... Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you must fill those gaps yourself.

I'm having to do it myself I got attached to guys quickly especially after I have slept with them so my solution is to hold out on sex and intimacy until I have established a real connection not an imagined one. And also been exploring my childhood issues linking back to never feeling loved enough, wanting to be beautiful and accepted etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.