Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bit early but I'm looking for either a double room or someone to go into a flat with in the Oxford area in August. I would only be looking for 7.5 months tops at the moment, with the possibility of more. Looking for rental around £500pcm.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, are you still looking? I've buddied up with a masters student from Canada to try and find a place to live. Would you like to join us? I'm set to study a pgce at Brooke's in September and we're both girls (we don't know each other either).

ReputationRep:
    I live in Abingdon and although I can't give you the place itself, I would recommend looking at living in Abingdon - it will probably be MUCH cheaper and you can get the bus for about £10 - 15 a week. Although getting back home late in the evenings might be struggle, I don't know how late the buses run. I realise this is late! Good luck
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by marlenehawthorne)
    I live in Abingdon and although I can't give you the place itself, I would recommend looking at living in Abingdon - it will probably be MUCH cheaper and you can get the bus for about £10 - 15 a week. Although getting back home late in the evenings might be struggle, I don't know how late the buses run. I realise this is late! Good luck

The buses run late into the evening - even on Sundays. Rush hour is congested but at other times, the journey times are good.

A yearly pass is £605 with unlimited travel and if you cash in the card the Oxford Bus Company will refund pro rata. If you have the cash upfront, this is very economical. You can also buy weekly or monthly passes but the cost rises quite sharply as the time period contracts. Alternatively, if you are fit and like cycling, the route via Radley is reasonable BUT the cost saving on cycling half the year and taking the bus the other half (when its cold, wet & dark) is relatively small with a yearly pass (and zero if you factor in cycling maintenance) so bus is the dominant option.

ReputationRep:
    Are you still looking for housemates. I am currently at the University of Bath and will be working on research at the University of Oxford next year. I am 21 and studying education. Looking to pay up to £500 per month.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.