Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

would a govt containing ukip be bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is this so negative? I think ukip as a coalition psrtber is a strong possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    Is this so negative? I think ukip as a coalition psrtber is a strong possibility.
    Ukip will likely not get enough MP's to be of value to anybody, it's far more likely that the Tories would go for parties they have good relations with and who will have more MP's (DUP and Libs).

It's only bad if you disagree with their policies. Personally i think many are quite amateurish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Ukip will likely not get enough MP's to be of value to anybody, it's far more likely that the Tories would go for parties they have good relations with and who will have more MP's (DUP and Libs).

It's only bad if you disagree with their policies. Personally i think many are quite amateurish.
    one day you called them racist, then you called them inconsistent, now you call their policies amateur. get a grip mate. either you agree or you disagree with their policies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyGot1Offer)
    one day you called them racist, then you called them inconsistent, now you call their policies amateur. get a grip mate. either you agree or you disagree with their policies
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    I have not once called them racist or inconsistent (though actually they are quite inconsistent). Prove i have.

I agree with many and disagree with many, i dislike Farage more than the party.

Get a grip on your memory yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to get more than 15 seats?

Discussion of them in a coalition is a waste of time, it wont happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Those things aren't mutually exclusive.
    i bet you anything if conservatives came out with the ukip manifesto and claimed it as their own, you would be parading it talking about how great the conservatives are and how christmas has come early, mate, you havent got a clue about politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)

ukip would be foolish to go into government at this ge. they would dissolve into the next ge if they do. their best option is to split the conservative vote, let labour in, let the muslims in from turkey and then get a majority in the next ge.

ReputationRep:
    i bet you anything if conservatives came out with the ukip manifesto and claimed it as their own, you would be parading it talking about how great the conservatives are and how christmas has come early, mate, you havent got a clue about politics
    No?

When did I ever say that I supported the conservative party?

ReputationRep:
    No?

When did I ever say that I supported the conservative party?
    liblabcon. same thing

ReputationRep:
    liblabcon. same thing
    When did I say that I supported any of those parties?

ReputationRep:
    liblabcon. same thing
    Depressing because it's true...

ReputationRep:
    When did I say that I supported any of those parties?
    its either that or you support greens, and if i were you, i'd keep seriously quiet about supporting greens

ReputationRep:
    its either that or you support greens, and if i were you, i'd keep seriously quiet about supporting greens
    I don't support any party.

ReputationRep:
    ukip would be foolish to go into government at this ge. they would dissolve into the next ge if they do. their best option is to split the conservative vote, let labour in, let the muslims in from turkey and then get a majority in the next ge.
    Agreed (not an endorsement).

From a Labour PoV a coalition with them looks ridiculous and they lose all their votes to the Greens.

From a Tory PoV a coalition gives them few votes and legitimises UKIP, increasing the chance of defections.

UKIP being in government is literally in the best interest of absolutely no one.p

ReputationRep:
    Better than a Government with Labour in it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)

lab/tories wont get an absolute majority. they need ukip support, and 15 seats may help that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamix.forllz)
    lab/tories wont get an absolute majority. they need ukip support, and 15 seats may help that.
    I'd argue that both would much rather work in minority governments or on confidence and supply agreements for individual issues for the reasons I already stated.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP in givt would be ridiculous. Imagine sending a UKIP minister to anywhere there are foriegners, poor people or gays. He/she would say something stupid and piss people off then claim it was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    UKIP in givt would be ridiculous. Imagine sending a UKIP minister to anywhere there are foriegners, poor people or gays. He/she would say something stupid and piss people off then claim it was a joke.
    And no tory or labour mp ever made a controversial statement....lololo...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.